Chapter 13: Duet?

Jumping right into because why tf not

And I also have another chapter for you guys that I'm editing right now!

It had been two months since that day in the hotel room. Niall was actually serious about us not being romantically involved and yet I was completely fine with it. At least that's what I thought. It was way easier to work with him with the tension of actually semi hating each other. The animosity of not being able to have each other was killing me and I sort of hoped it hurt Niall also.

We had finished our American leg of the tour and were on our way to the UK to preform our first show in London. We were to meet the Queen and go sight seeing before preforming.

As for me, life had been okay. I was closer with the band than ever before. Louis and I practically became best mates. Between our sassy remarks and clash of personalities we were in fact the best people to become friends ever. He did still tease me about wanting Niall to myself but I could never tell him how close I actually was. I just shake off every remark and pretend I've never looked at him that way. When he was actually all I wanted.

You may wonder how are we able to work so closely with each other knowing the history between us. It's simple. We meet in public and around others like producers and/or his manager to work on music. And yes I mean help him create new music.

Of course I couldn't put my input in so he used me as pretty much someone who could play the guitar while he thought of lyrics. And as we sat on the private jet that was flying over to London, that was exactly what we were doing.

I sat in the chair lightly strumming at the strings of my beloved instrument while He sat across the aisle from me concentrated on his leather notebook trying to come up with his lyrics.

He never let me listen to them he just hummed them while I played the chords. Sometimes I wrote my own lyrics alongside his just to feel as if I had some importance.

But part of me couldn't help but to stare at Niall. He looked so tired and stressed barefaced. It expressed the ugly side of his struggles with touring but I told myself not to care.

"Play the chorus for me." He says out interrupting my train of thought. I looked down to my posture and straightened myself before playing the chorus for him. He hummed and nodded along with the music until he was content with it.

"Alright. Thanks, you can go." He says not looking up from the notebook. I collected my stuff before heading the back of the plane where Liam, Louis and Zayn sat around laughing at a video on Liam's phone.

Louis spotted me and he took the phone and came to me laughing so hard he couldn't even tell me what was so funny. The boys faces were red from crying laughing and it made me kind of chuckle to wanting to know what was funny.

"Geez, what's the joke?" I ask and Louis couldn't hold it in.

"It's this tik tok of a lady running on a hamster wheel." He says and shows me the video of a woman running on a hamster wheel as if she was running on a treadmill.

"Fuck that's hilarious!" He says and the boys continue to laugh their asses off.

Why the fuck was that funny?

"Hey, why is Niall working on so much music? I've played literally 30 songs for him." I ask before sitting down next to Louis.

Zayn then speaks up.

"The thought process he has for himself is very doubtful. He's very scared to step out the box and put out music that he loves but instead puts out music he knows will sell. It's quite disappointing because his music is really good." Zayn explains and I nod.