Chapter 3: Your Highness

It was around 4 o'clock and I had already warmed up with the band. I was taking a ten minute break waiting for someone to bring me sheet music when a really pretty girl came to me dressed in all black.

"Anything to drink Mr. Styles?" She asked me with the fakest, widest smile I've ever seen.

"Uh no? I've got my canteen here. Thanks." I tell her, showing her the steel waterbottle..

"I could refill it for you if you'd like?" She says and I shake my head..

"Uh no..." I read her name tag. "Stacy- I got it." I assure her making sure she wpuld leave.

"Stacy leave the lad alone! Its his first day for fucks sake and you're already on his dick." I hear louis yell as he shoos her off.

She excuses herself and Louis stands infron of me with a sigh. I look around wondering when Niall was supposed to come because technically he was an hour late.

"Sorry about that. She can be annoying as fuck." He curses and takes the seat next to mine.

"She's fine." I chuckle before turning my head to the entrance.

"Lookong for Horan?" Louis asks me and I focus my gaze on him.

"Oh- uh yeah." I say nervously due to me being caught.

"Yeah. He's probably talking to some directors or contractors. He'll be in soon. But for now we can get you started on Mirrors and Too much to ask." He says and pulls me over to the set.

Maybe midway into learning an entirely different song, We were all joking around about Liam missing Cheryl and Zayn was bickering with Louis as always.

"Suck my dick, Zayn." Louis curses.

"I bet you'd like that, Lou." We hear a voice say across the room and there was Niall Horan walking in late with a bag of chipotle and a Tropicana smoothie im his hand.

"What the fuck." Louis curses.

Niall comes up the steps with Stacy behind him carrying his guitar and a bunch of other chords. He throws his trash away and looks over to me.

"Sorry Im late.." He begins and then turns to everyone else. "Something came up and it needed to be dealt with. Sincerest apologies. Lets get to work." He sends stacy off. She leaves quickly leavung his guitar equipment he quickly begins to set up.

I sit in the chair next to louis, playing a few chords imagining mirrors playing and he scoffs.

"Yeah. Something came up alright." He grumbles under his breath as he sands off the jagged edges of his drum sticks.

"He apologized." I say and he shrugs.

"Yeah. And is that supposed to make him baby Jesus?" He asks and then stands up to walk away from me and back over to his set closer by Zayn and Liam who were playing around waiting for Niall to get set up.

"Okay first we're gonna start with Flicker and get you accustomed to playing and then fade into Since We're Alone." He says as he adjusts the mic stand.

Louis counts the beats leading us into the intro as Niall begins to sway and go along with the music. He looked effortless as if he'd done it a thousand times. He grabs the mic to then sing out into the empty stadium.

"When you feel your love's been taken, when you know there's something missing, In the dark, we're barely hangin' on." He sings out. His voice practically oozing its way out of the speakers and laying over the empty crowd like a thick layer of honey coating the crisp air. I felt and sounded beautiful. I play along with him trying to match his beautiful voice.