"Yeah" I smile glancing Aiden's way widening my eyes.

"Yeah I am" he enthuses to Kyle with a nod.

"Can we go now then?" Kyle whines.

"Yeah come on" he stands, "It's good that Julia is coming in a few weeks" Aiden says.

"Yeah it is, I can't wait" I smile.

It feels like I haven't seen her in years but it's only been a few months.

"Anyway, I best get him that McDonalds before he starts screaming at me" he chuckles.

"Okay, Bye Kyle!" I shout to him, he's half way across the playground running to the car park.

I give Aiden a quick hug when we reach the parking lot and I hop into my car, giving Kyle one last wave.

"Hi" I chirp walking into the kitchen.

"Hello darling" Lillian says her hands kneading dough.

"What you making?" I ask and lick my lips.

She has a cupcake apron around her waist as her hair is tied back into a high ponytail and her front fringe dangles freely.

"Cookies, want to help?"

I smile with terror, "I don't bake, I don't know the first thing"

"I'll teach you, we can make all sorts of things"

"That would be great"

The house is completely silent which it is normally not. Usually Henry is giggling or screaming with joy, or you'd even hear the tv with whatever cartoon he is watching.

"Where is everyone?" I question.

"Hannah and George just left with the kids so..it's just me" she sadly smiles.

Is this what it's like when Ace and Brad are away? She's here alone with no one to talk to or anything, i feel a pain in my chest at the thought of her being here all alone most of the time. The holidays must feel amazing when George is on break because he's a professor and Henry at School. I wonder if Hannah comes around a lot when Henry is at School and George at work.

"I thought Henry wanted to watch a movie?"

"He did but George wanted home"

"They didn't want to stay for dinner?"

"Not tonight, George and Hannah seemed so tired"

I nod in understatement, "Have you spoken to Brad?" I ask and sit down watching her intently.

"Yeah just last night, he seems like his good old chipper self" she chuckles thinking of her son.

"How long is he away for?"

"He is away eight months this time, so he'll be back in August"

"That's good I guess. He'll be back for his birthday so that's a plus, It's a-shame Ace won't be here for his or Brad's"

She sighs at the thought of not getting to spend time with her son on his birthday, "We'll still celebrate even though he won't be here" she rolls a piece of dough in her hands and puts it onto a tray flattening it just a little.

He won't be here for my birthday either.

I spend the rest of the day with Lillian, baking, talking and laughing mostly. She's taught me a lot and we baked cookie and cupcakes, we ate a few after dinner while we drank coffee and watched a movie called 'A Quiet Place' it was a good movie and Lillian loved it, we made a plan to go see the second one in cinemas. She said we'll make brownies and cinnamon rolls, it's strange than I'm actually excited for it. I can show off my new skills when Ace comes back.

I decide to stay here the night, I felt kind of bad leaving Lillian all alone but in all honesty I don't think I wanted to be alone either.

I'm curled up in Ace's childhood bed waiting for him to call or text, I wait two hours and still nothing. I'm beginning to get really tired and my eyes are becoming heavier as the seconds go by but I try fight sleep just incase he call or texts because if he does and I'm sleeping I probably won't hear it.

I hope he's okay, maybe he just can't get connection or maybe he fell asleep because he's exhausted.

I sit up in confusion feeling the bun on stop of my head half out sticking everywhere, I look around the room and look towards the curtain. The morning light daring to shine through the cracks. It then hits me that I feel asleep waiting for Ace to call.

I curse to myself and grab my phone off charge and see a text and a few missed calls from him.

Ace: Sorry baby, I couldn't get service and when I did you didn't answer. You may be asleep and if so you'll get this in the morning so therefore morning beautiful and I'll call you when I can. I love you.

My heart throbs in desperate need to talk to him, I miss him like crazy, I just want for fast forward ten months so I can see him again. I hope he can call whenever he's awake. I give him a quick text back before heading downstairs.

Me: It's okay, I understand. I fell asleep waiting for you to call but, just call whenever you can because I miss your voice and your stupid face. I love you.

_________________________________

Please vote, comment and follow☺️

Don't be a silent reader❤️

Love you all💕