11- Karaoke and Boys

Antonio's car pulls up at Molly's, he takes the keys out of the ignition.

"Thanks for talking to that kid earlier, I don't think he'd have spoke to us otherwise." Antonio says, taking off his seatbelt.

"Is he gonna be okay?" I ask.

"Yeah, he's going back to his parents. They'd kicked him out not realising what was really going on."

"I just wish he'd never had to go through it." I reply, taking my seatbelt off and getting out of the car.

"At least it's over now" Antonio states as he closes the car door behind him. We head inside being greeted by the others who had somehow arrived before us and some of the firehouse. Antonio goes to order a drink whilst I sit at the table with the others. They're all in deep conversation about some bet they have. Not really paying attention I scan around the rest of the bar, watching everyone making conversation with one another. My eyes land on Severide and Casey who are talking to some boy, who I'm assuming to be the new recruit they've been talking about. I study him, trying to figure him out. His eyes meet mine, sending me a smile. I look away, knowing my embarassment is obvious. Burgess notices, turning around to see who I'd been looking at. She turns back around with a look in her eyes, knowing exactly what's going on. I give her a pleading look, she smirks in response. I trust she wouldn't embarass me like that.

"Earth to Lia" I'm distracted by Jay, waving a hand in my face. When he knows he has my attention he continues. "So you decided about the birthday yet?"

"Well, Ethan suggested you boys do a back street boys tribute on the karaoke. And as funny as that would be, I don't think I could put myself through the trauma."

"I'm offended that you think I'm a bad singer" Ruzek says, holding his hand to his heart.

"You're the worst" Burgess states. They're soon back to their conversation, trying to suggest ideas to me. All desperate for me to agree on something but they know that I won't ever agree on anything. They all joke about my stubborness, starting to suggest stupid things like skydiving or swimming with sharks.

"I'm going to remove myself from this conversation before someone suggest using me as a life size piñata" I say, standing up and walking over to Cruz who's sat with Herrmann.

"They're going to kill me before my birthday even happens. Atwater's just suggested I swim with sharks. I can't even swim." I roll my eyes dramatically.

"Could be worse, they could suggest feeding you to the tigers at the zoo" Herrmann teases.

"Why does everyone have an obsession with killing me?" I moan placing my head in my hands.

"You should be honoured, at least they're always thinking about you" Cruz states. I roll my eyes at his response. "You should let us do karaoke night, I'm the best"

"Ethan said I should do that. Why do I have a feeling that's a good idea?" I reply, knowing it would be awful but still funny.

"Because Ethan's a doctor and doctors have brains" Cruz states, trying to convince me.

"It's still not gonna happen, I'll be traumatised for the rest of my life." I reply. I continue my conversation with Cruz and Herrmann for a while. Talking about all of the things that have happened at the firehouse that day. I head back over to intelligence at their table and sit myself between Atwater and Ruzek, instantly regretting my decision when they begin to annoy me.

"Fine, I'll settle on karaoke night as long as I don't have to sing." I say, after they'd been begging me for 15 minutes. They let out cheers, causing attention to be drawn to our table.