4- Life or death

It's been a good few months since everything kicked off, my brothers and I have grown closer. I'm still living with Antonio, purely because he's the only one with room for me to stay. Atwater's been undercover, trying to get into the gang and he's finally made a breakthrough. I've had to have a few phone calls with Rex and T-Bone, just to keep them interested. It's been arranged that in a week I'm going to have to go undercover with Atwater and go back to them. But for now I've been keeping busy and distracting myself from everything. I've been taking online school for the past month, hoping it'll help me find something I want to do with my life. I'm sat in intelligence, everyone doing their own work. I'm supposed to be taking a test but it's not going well. Turns out when you miss 3 years of school you don't get any smarter.

"Please tell me that isn't a textbook you have infront of you" Ruzek groans, rolling his eyes. I just look at him innocently pouting. "Voight's gonna kill you."

"Voight doesn't have to know" I try reasoning with him.

"Voight doesn't have to know what?" I look up to the doorway to Voight's office and slam the textbook shut.

"Nothing" I blurt.

"Are you cheating again?" he groans, placing his head in his hands.

"No, just checking my answers where right"

"You're not funny kid, I'll make you resit it."

"Fine, I'll put it away. But when I get an F you'll be the one to blame. Not my fault I'm dumb."

"At least I'm not the only one" I shoot Jay a glare at his remark. I huff and actually try to do the test without any help from the book. It doesn't work out the best and I end up guessing the rest of the answers.

"Finally" I groan as I rest my head in my hands.

"Not good?" Atwater asks. I shake my head.

"Estoy jodido"

"Deja de decir eso!" Dawson shoots me a look.

"Lo siento" I smirk. I know it annoys him. I've picked up Spanish which I'm learning much faster than AP Chem.

"What does that even mean?" Atwater questions me.

"None of your business." I reply tapping my nose. He just rolls his eyes and turns back to the computer screen. Voight calls me into his office to discuss what's going to happen next week. Jay and Antonio had both spoken to him about how stressed I'd been getting. He runs through what they plan to do, and reminds me that I'll be there with Atwater and everyone else will be outside waiting.

"So, there's absolutely no way you'd get hurt. And they won't be able to get to you."

"Okay" I say twiddling my thumbs.

"Try not to stress, it'll all be over soon." Voight says reassuringly.

The rest of the week seems to drag, I know what's coming and I just want it to hurry up and happen so I can get over it. Today's the day, Atwater met up with the gang so they weren't suspcious of him, said he'd arrange to meet them today.

"Remember the safe word?" Jay quizzes me.

"Why do we have to use it? They're gonna know I'm up to something." I stress.

"Because, we need to know if something's going wrong. Now tell me what it was."

"Ayuda, anyway you don't even speak Spanish"

"Ah, but Dawson does so he'll know what you mean."

"Bu-"

"Stop stressing, you'll be fine. I promise." Jay says, holding my shoulders firm in his grip.