10- Parties and Negotiators.

A/N: Hello, I'm back again. I have a few more chapters already written up so I thought I would upload again. I'm actually becoming obsessed with writing this book. If anyone has any ideas of what they'd like to see I might be able to incorporate it with the book, you can either comment your ideas or send them in a message. 

Thank you for all of the support so far, I appreciate it so much. Lots of love! x

Intelligence return after they'd left to search Brooks' house. I've not been told what they found and I'm guessing I won't know until I return to school. The atmosphere is weird, no one wants to talk about it. It's almost as though they really don't want to get involved with the case. This just makes me think that whatever happened it was bad. Jay had been called into Voight's office, everyone else remaining silent about what was going on.

"Atwater, Ruzek you two okay to do the interview?" Voight asks as he re-emerges from the office. The two of them nod in response, leaving the room without saying a word. Their faces saying enough. They both look pissed, really pissed off. "Lia, a word" is all Voight says to me, knowing it's something serious I stand up quietly and walk into the office. Jay is sat, a worried look now on his face.

"You haven't taken anything have you?" Jay asks frantically.

"No, why?" I ask. He ignores my question moving on completely.

"He didn't give you anything at all?"

"No, Jay what the hell are you talking about?" he doesn't want to tell me, I can tell he just wants to leave the room and beat the shit out of the boy. "Tell me"

"He had flunitrazepam, it's a date rape drug. He didn't try to give you anything, at all?"

"No, and I wouldn't be stupid enough to take anything." I reply, slightly offended he'd think I would. "And Michael wouldn't be stupid enough to just show me it, if he'd have given it to me he would've put it in food or something. Wait, oh my god. He wanted me to go for ice cream after school, he would've done it then."

"But he took you during school, you didn't feel weird did you?"

"No, he'd seen Ruzek I think he'd got suspicious. What else aren't you telling me?" I ask, knowing he's still not being truthful.

"His friends were in on it too" Voight says "We need a list of names" I do as he says writing all of the names I know.

"But they didn't seem-"

"Like the type, I don't think anyone does." Jay sighs. I talk through it with the two of them, they tell me I can't go back to the school because of everything that's happened. I wouldn't feel safe going anyway. Voight says I can go back to doing my work in intelligence, and that for a while I can't be alone outside of intelligence. I go back out of the office, Atwater giving me a reassuring smile as I sit in my usual seat. I don't stay for long, Antonio and I leaving to go home shortly after. The journey there neither of us knowing what to say, causing my mind to shoot emotions everywhere. I just feel numb, not knowing what to do. The car pulls up, I step out walking next to Antonio still unsure what to do. Why do these things always have to happen to me?

"Chocolate?" Antonio asks as he pulls a bar out of the cupboard. I feel sorry for him, I haven't exactly been the best recently. I've not spoken since we got home, not even moved off the sofa. I fake a smile, as he brings the bar over. "It will get better"

"What if I didn't listen to you and Jay? He would've raped me"

"He didn't though, I'm glad we found out before anything happened"

"I wish I'd never got involved in the first place" I sigh, my head resting on his shoulder.

"It just means you get to spend more time with me" Antonio says, trying to lighten the mood. I let out a small laugh. The rest of the night is spent watching movies. I go to take a bath, and as I step in I hear a knock at the front door. Antonio greets the person, letting them in. I just relax in the bath, ignoring everything around me. For once letting all of my worries escape my mind. That doesn't last long as when I get out of the bath and put some pyjamas on I realise there is someone else I have to face. I brush through my hair, deciding to leave it down to dry naturally.