23

I wake, and find myself alone in the library.  I spy a clock on the wall, its around 8:00pm. I get up and make my way to my room.

When I open the door, I find all of my stuff missing, with a small note on my bed.  

Dear Valentina

I decided that in light of recent events.  It would be better to be closer to each other.  Your new room is on the top floor.  Take the elevator and press "suite"  

There was no signature, but I didn't need one to recognize the familiar writing. Caden's.  I made my way out of my room and into 

Seeing that all my things were moved, I decide to just head up to the room.  I find the elevator, next to the stairs and press the enter button.  I step into the elevator and press the suite button, like Caden says.  When the bell rings, I step out and am greeted with a small hallway.  I step into the hallway and see two doors facing each other.  One of the doors closed and another one is ajar. I walk up to the open door and push it wider.  

I step into what seems to be a foyer.  There are three entrances, two are closed off but one door is open.  I step in and it seems to be some kind of work space.  It's a huge room with a desk, a wall full of books and plush chairs placed here and there. 

"This can't be my room" I mutter to myslef

"You're right, it's not" 

I turn to see Caden.  He's in a casual shirt and jeans but his hair is wet, must of just taken a shower.  

"Oh, I'm sorry." I quickly say and make a move to leave

"Wait" he says

I am only about three feet in front of him but I stop abruptly.

"I want to apologize" he starts "for what happened"

I burrow my eyebrows in confusion

"For what?" I ask

"For the pool incident" he looks likes he's about to explode "I'm sorry I never did this"

He closes the distance between us and places his hands on my waist and his lips on my mouth.  I am taken by surprise but I quickly melt into his kiss.  My eyes flutter shut and our lips begin to move in a rhythm.  My hands are in a frenzy, moving from his back, to his hair, to his face.   He moves his lips down my jaw and through my throat.  I bite down a moan and he continues his assault on my neck.  I grab him tighter to stabilize myself but it seems to wake him our of his trance.  He pulls away, still inches from my face.  

"We need to stop before,  I go too far" he whispers

I just nod in agreement

"The door to your room is across from mine, all of your things are in there"

We pull away farther and I look to see that he is just as flushed as I am.  

I bite my lip and head to push past him and leave.  I can still feel his eyes as my is head spinning and my are legs jelly.  I was surprised I could even make it this far.  I quietly shut the door and turn around to see Cole, furious.  

"I can't believe you" Cole bites at me

"What do you mean" I say, still a little flushed

"You first put Caden's life on the line, and now your'e sleeping with him?" 

"I'm not-"

"Every second you are with him, you put him in danger.  I don't even know why we keep you around.  And now, you've gotten into his heart.  You know that he is talking about taking over your husband's gang, so you would be safe" 

He would do that for me? Cole continues on

"If you knew what was good for you, you would go back to the man you truly belong to" 

I finally snap 

"What is your deal Cole! You know if you hate me this much, I might just leave" I yell and storm down the stairs, knowing that taking the elevator would just cause more of a scene.  I rush all the way down until I reach the ground floor and storm outside.  

In a fury, I rush across the lawn and into the maze.  I slow down and begin to think about everything.  I can't believe that Caden kissed me? I brought a hand up to my mouth, still feeling the warm press of his lips.  

These thoughts plagued my brain as I continued through the maze until I reached the center.  All the anger left my system and I felt myself relax. 

I went to leave the center of the maze but I felt the cold press of a gun on my lower back.  

"Hey there Valentina, I've been looking all over for you"