20

I woke with a start trying to remember last night. Caden's smile. The flour. The pool.

I shook my head to release the thoughts away from my brain. I changed into some black workout shorts and top and re-bandaged my leg. In a couple days I would be fine. I quickly hurried to the gym so I could blow off some steam.

Coco was in there giving her all to a punching bag but stopped when she heard me walk in.

"Oh hey there!" she called over to me "need any help?"

"No, I think I'll be fine on my own" I said and made my over to a punching bag and went to town.

After about an hour or so, I was sweating bullets and thought it best to get something to eat. After finally finding the kitchen, I found some cereal and milk and began to eat. Cole walked in but I paid him no mind.

"Well you and Caden had fun last night" I choked on my cereal and my face began to flush as I coughed

"I was kidding" he snarled "he scheduled a trip this morning to London to get away for a couple weeks, apparently on business, but there isn't much business we care about there. He never schedules stuff like this last minute so you must have really pissed him off."

I met his gaze. There wasn't hate in it, I knew hate. I couldn't pin it, something like a mix of anger but with some pity.

"Anyway with him not around there isn't anyone to protect you, maybe except for Leo. But Leo isn't second hand."

"What about my mission?" I questioned

"Caden decided we want you to stay hidden until he reveals that we have you"

"When would that be?"

"Whenever Caden wants, but for now you can't leave"

Yeah, got that. I rolled my eyes but his gaze hardened. He stalked out so I returned to my room. Abandoning the cereal.

When I got back to my room there was a small parcel with a note on top of it. All the note read was

Entertainment

-CK

Caden King. I quickly opened the gift and it was a laptop. I squealed with joy and plugged the laptop in. As I explored the features and noticed that someone had shut off the functions allowing me to call or text but I quickly enabled them. Someone had done a bad hacking job on this computer.

I played around with some code and before I knew it, it was pitch black outside. Had I been so wrapped up in this computer that all time passed by? I decided to go to bed, and not think about Caden

**********

The next few weeks were the same monotonous routine. Get up, workout, eat, workout, eat again, go on my computer, eat and then fall asleep. It was so boring and I only ever saw Coco and sometimes Leo, thankfully, never Cole.
After getting ready to workout, I made my way to the gym but heard voices. I followed them to a corridor and then I saw him. I backed away and quickly returned to the gym.  My cheeks warmed at our last encounter in the pool. But then he left, for weeks. And in those weeks I could never get him out of my head.

I shook my head and continued to the gym. After completing my set I mindlessly went to the kitchen but found it crowded with men. They were in a meeting of some kind, but in the kitchen? I grabbed my apple and tried to get out of there as quickly as possible but firm hands grabbed my shoulders. 

"Where ya going girl" I turned around to find an unrecognizable man. He was older, maybe 15 years older than me and had the smell of cigarettes on his breath. He made a joke in Italian and his comrades laughed. He pulled me in and I pushed him away as hard as I could. He tried his best to pull me into his lap and his friends laughed at me and cheered him on. 

My face reddened from embarrassment and I just wanted to get out of there.

"Let. Go. Of. Me." I bordered on yelling. Tears began to fall from my eyes.

The situation just escalated until everyone became silent. I looked to see what had happened but all I saw was the stone cold scowl of Caden. He was in a black suit and was flanked by four other men. He said something quick in Italian and I was pulled from the older man's grasp and he was dragged out of the room.

I quickly left not making eye contact with anyone, wiping the tears from the eyes. After returning to my room I let out a shaky breath and let a few more tears stream. Memories of Carlos entered my brain as each tear fell. 

Suddenly there was a knock at my door. I opened it and saw him.

Caden.