13

I wanted to speak.  I wanted to protest.  But I couldn't.  No words came out of my mouth.  I was about to fight a man about a head taller than me.   I was going to die.  I looked for a weakness, anything.  It was the same in hacking, finding their weakness in the system and taking it down.  I quickly scanned his body for something, anything, but he was hard as stone.  

"On my word," Coco said "Go"

Caden went in with a punch to my head but I ducked. I made sure to stay low so he would have a hard time reaching me.  He went for me again but this time he hit me in the stomach.  I thought he would go gently but apparently not.  I fell and he took a step back and then I noticed it, he was weak on his left side and left it open.  I got up and charged at him.  He went for me but I was too smart and hit his left jaw with everything I had.  He seemed little affected by it and went for me again, catching me off guard and knocking me to the floor.  I rolled away and tried to get up but the pain was a bit much.  My legs felt shaky and I did my best holding my self up.

"You done?" Caden asked with a smirk

"I'm just getting started," I responded

I quickly ran at him making sure to give him a well-deserved kick in the face before he could smirk again.  Then with a quick, swift movement, I kicked him in the back and knocked him to the ground.  As much as he struggled, he was no match for an angry female.  I tried to stand up but he swept my feet out from under me, got over me and pinned my wrists.

"Done?" He breathed out while raising his brows

"Done" I croaked out, I was tired and really needed a nap.  He released my wrists and I slowly got up, trying not to look in pain.  I looked down ay my stomach to see a purple bruise forming.  I looked at the crowd, some looked surprised that I was even alive.  I felt the scar on my leg from the bullet begin to ache. 

Coco got into the ring and pulled me aside

"You fough well, those were some of our best." She said

"Best?"  I asked

"Yeah, Caden is by far the best fighter here, I don't know how you survived."

Coco handed me a sweater and I quickly put it on, feeling cozy and ready to sleep.  I quickly walked back to my room and crashed on the bed.

Sorry, guys, I haven't put many Valentina and Caden moments in but be patient, there is more to come ;)