28

I wake to the light snoring of Caden.  We are still in my bed covered in a light sheet.  The rest of the blankets thrown around due to last nights actions.  I turn to look at him and find his face is so close to mine.  I reach up to smooth his unruly hair down and he stirs 

"Good morning sleepyhead" I whisper

His eyes flutter open and they make their way down my body.  I suddenly realize how naked I am and quickly pull the sheets up to my neck.  

He laughs and pulls me on top of him. 

"You don't need to hide from me,  you know how beautiful I find you."

I lean down and kiss him.  I pull from the kiss prematurely and this seems to excite him as he rolls and flips me under him. 

"Cheeky" He says as he places kisses on my neck and collarbone.  

I let out a light moan as he continues 

He then pulls back

"We better stop" He says

"What if I don't want to" I sigh 

"Later, i'll let you have every inch of me, but I have a surprise for you" 

The space between my legs heats at the idea of later.

"I'll be right back" He whispers and then gets out of bed and puts on some pajama bottoms and quietly leaves the room.  A couple minutes later he returns with a tray stuffed with different breakfast items.  Pancakes, fruit, bacon and waffles.  I can feel my mouth water looking at the selection he has put out for me.  

He places the tray next to me on the bed and climbs in carefully.  

"Who knew the ruthless gang leader Caden King was a breakfast in bed kind of guy" I muse as I reach for a piece of bacon 

He quickly snatches my hand before I can grab a piece and gives me a mischievous look.  He then pulls me in a bit and captures my lips with his.  The kiss is quick but makes a point: the only person he is soft around is me.  

He pulls back and grabs a waffle.  

"So um" I start "Last night" 

I immediately regret my statement as his face splits into a wide grin and my face flushed bright red.  

"I'd say you had a good time" He suggested, eyes full of mischief 

"Yeah, I guess" I say as I respond with a sly smile

He laughs 

"You guess? I'd say from the noises you were making it was more than that" He says 

My whole face heats up and I avert my eyes from his.  Before I can say something snarky in return, there is a knock at the door. 

"What!" Caden yells, obviously furious  

"There's someone here to see you" The voice yells from the other side, it's Cole.

"Tell them that they can wait" Caden says in return.

There is silence before Cole responds with

"They can't, its your mother" 

Caden's expression drops and he moves to the closet 

"I thought your mother was dead" I whisper to Caden, so Cole wouldn't hear me.  

"I did too" He says back in a melancholy way

He pulls out a button up and dress pants to put on.  I start towards the door and Caden noticed this and caught me before I could move any farther.  

"When you were gone I moved all of your things into my room." he says

"Why?" I ask

"I think you know why Valentina"  he says as he opens one side of his huge walk-in closest that it filled with women's clothing.  "I bought some things for you as well, but if this really is my mother then wear whatever you want, she will love you either way" 

I nod as I walk in and pick up a simple black dress, not too formal but still nice enough to meet his mother.  I close the door to and change into the dress.  I notice a small dresser with bottles of perfume on the top.  I grab one and spray myself, knowing that I probably still smell of Caden.  I pick up some flats that were in the shoe section and slip them on.  

I walk out of the closet and see Caden all ready to go, looking clean and crisp as ever. 

He walks over to me and claims my lips with his own.  He pulls back and whispers

"If its really her, I need you with me" 

"Then I will be there, I'll always be there for you" I say back

This seems to satisfy him as he pulls back and reaches out his hand.  I take it and he pulls me through his bedroom door.  

Ahh sorry is been a while!  Thank you guys for being so patient though!

Questions?

Comments?