13RoamFree

"Melanie, Go watch tv please"I said, not taking my eyes off the man in front of me.

"Ok" She responded to me before I heard her slide from the chair and the sound of her tiny feet disappearing into the next room.

I didn't know this guy, but I didn't want to leave the knowledge of Melanie in the minds of people I didn't know or trust. I charged at him as soon as I knew Melanie was out of ear shot.

It took five steps total to close the distance between us. I slammed my right fist into his jaw; with a quick left jab taking him by surprise as well. He stumbled back two- three steps I jumped slamming my left knee into his chest. This sent him flying back into the counter with a grunt. By now all shock had left his body and he was in survival mode.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" He shoved me, one hand pushing on my right shoulder. I took my left hand open palmed, and shoved it into his inner elbow and turned in so my butt was on his pelvis. Throwing my hips back and yanking his arm I threw him over my shoulder. Reaching in my holster I grabbed my gun and aimed at this head. He rolled over quickly and was on his feet. I took the safety off -

The gun was out of my hand and Jace was holding it.

"Give it back to me. Now!" I snapped at him.

"What are you doing?" He countered

" I told you to get rid of him and now look at the mess you have caused"

"He wont say anything"

"I do not trust him! And neither should you. People are power hungry especially the ones like him... If given the time and circumstances to overthrow you he would take it in a heartbeat. Open. Your. Eyes"

"Ryan. I am not letting you kill him"

I looked him deep in his eyes and I knew the look of utter disgust on my face made him sad.

"Ok, You have this one... I hope you made the right choice. Next time I kill whoever, where ever, whenever. Period" I drew out in a menacing voice.

I held eye contact walking away from him. Only breaking eye contact with him to make eye contact with the other guy in the room. I couldn't find a care to give in my mind to remember his name.

"If I were you, I'd forget about that girl and act as if she didn't exist... I can kill you with ease" I said, smiling and walking into the living room to watch tv with Melanie.

I sat with Melanie watching TV for about an hour before Jace came into the room.

"Can we talk for a minute" He asked me

"Yeah", I said getting off the couch and following him down the hall into the library. Leaving the door open I walked in as he sat in his desk chair. I stood on the other side of the desk waiting on him to speak.

"You can't just go around killing people" He sighed.

I looked around the room before responding to him. I had to make sure he was talking to me, but just for confirmation I pointed at my chest whilst speaking.

"Who are you talking to? Because for a moment there I thought you were speaking to me" I said making my way around the desk.

He chuckled slightly, "Yes, You can't just kill people because you're afraid they will stab you in the back", he said.

I straddled him in the chair before taking my forearm and pushing on his windpipe and applying pressure. Because of the position we were in I could easily knock him out or kill him. I applied enough pressure to stop his airflow, but not hurt him. Just make him uncomfortable...