2MarcosRusso

In the six months I have know on Jace... I have never once heard him talk about his family. Honestly, I had never asked him either. I guess my family being dead to me, I didn't bring up other people's families unless they brought up the topic. I lie awake, on my back with Jaces head laying on top of my chest and his arms wrapped around me. He was positioned between my legs, and if I would have seen this in a photo I would have thought how uncomfortable she must have been; but I was fine. I continuously ran my hands through his hair during that night... I would have held him a lot more if I would have known what was soon to come.

The next day I woke up without Jace, and I went to sleep without him. He did keep me updated on his where about through out the day. I returned to work that Monday. I was his assistant and I was going to complete my duties as such. I walked into the office, dressed in a peach pencil skirt that reached below my knees and a white button up tucked in. My signature black flats graced my feet as I made my way to the elevator. Taking the elevator the elevator to the top floor was a bit of a hassle when it stopped so much, but I always left room to be on time. I exited the elevator to find a few men seated in the waiting area.

My eye brows furrowed as I walked past them and into Jaces office. Who conveniently was not there. Walking into my office I picked up my tablet. This consisted of my notes, mines and Jace's schedules, and more. Briefing my self I walked back into the waiting room.

"Good Morning gentleman, I am Ryan. I don't have Mr.Grey scheduled for anyone today. What can I help you with?" I asked as I came to a stop in the middle of the room.

"Ahh, but we have an appointment with him..." One man said standing from his seat, fixing his suit jacket as he stood. He was the only one dressed like he belonged here. The others screamed thugs.

"And you are?" I asked his raising an eyebrow

"I am Marcos"

"Marcos, who ?"

"Russo... Marcos Russo"

"I'll notify Mr.Grey of you arrival" I say calmly walking back to his office. I sit in his chair and dial his number.

"Pick up, pick up..." I whisper as the phone rings. This was not my first attempt at calling him.  This would be his first time answering, instead of texting.
"What do you need Ryan"

"Hello to you too Mr.Grey, so nice of you to finally answer my calls. I do not need anything from you... However, there are some men here and I need to know if I should just call security".

As soon as the word left my lips the phone was snatched from my hands.

"Excuse me, Mr.Russo! You should not be in here and do not touch me or my phone!" I yelled reaching to snatch it back. I could now hear Jace yelling on the other end. Clearly to far to make out any of his words.

"Please, call me Marcos. We will be seeing a lot of each other." He said walking forward and kissing my cheek before him and his guys started at the door. I picked up a metal ball from the desk and aimed straight for his head. It was smaller than my hand so it didn't do much, but I know it did something. He turned slowly holding the back of his head. All men now had guns pointed at me.

"Well, that not fair. I throw one thing and now everyone's pointing guns!" I exclaim. "I have a boyfriend" I finished while wiping my cheek.

"That was not a kiss of affection dear, more of a hope to see you again... alive" he said walking through the door, without another word.

I walked to my office confused, calling security to make sure they left and no one stayed behind. What the freak did he mean alive? I questioned as I adjusted Jaces schedule, and filed items. I had several file cabinets in my office which was quite large. After, about thirty minutes of working I heard hurried foot steps and my door slammed open. In two seconds flat I was yanked from my chair and into Jaces arms. Stunned I didn't hug him or say anything until he released me. His hands retreat from my back and make their way to my face.