Closure

Classes officially ended and there was a party at a warehouse to celebrate. A party I couldn't attend because I had to study for an exam that I was taking the very next day.

"SYDNEY! Have you seen this?" Morgan rushed out her room.

"What?" I questioned.

"Look!" She shoved her phone in my face. It was Tiffany's Instagram story. The music was loud so I couldn't hear what was being said but she was caressing Nathan's beard and sitting in his lap. I pushed the phone away.

"You want me to beat her ass?" Morgan asked.

"No." I sighed.

"Why don't you get dressed and come to the party with me?" Morgan offered.

"I really can't." I said dragging my hand through my hair.

"Okayyy; text me if you change your mind." She said and headed out the door.

I tried to return to studying but I was distracted. I kept checking everyone's Instagram and snapchat stories to see if Tiffany and Nathan appeared anywhere else. I did catch clips of Davon strolling with his LB's. I haven't had the opportunity to see his party side yet. He looked good.

I threw my phone down and focused on getting through the last chapter of Parting the Waters. But twenty minutes later I reached for my phone again and opened Instagram. I clicked on Nathan's story and saw a picture of a textbook with the caption, "I can't believe I picked books over the party." So that meant he didn't go out. Which meant he's probably in his room. I didn't put anymore thought into it. I slid on my slides and rushed over to his room.

I knocked on his door and waited. He opened the door and shook his head but stepped aside to let me in. "What's up Sydney?" He asked.

"You didn't go out?" I questioned as we walked into his room. He closed the door.

"Nah, I have an exam at 8am." He explained.

"Me too, but at 9am." I said and took a seat on his bed. He nodded.

After a minute of silence he asked, "What are you doing here Sydney?" I shrugged.

"I thought we could talk." I said.

"You haven't said shit to me in weeks and now you suddenly wanna talk?" He questioned.

"You said you needed space!" I reminded him.

"What do you want?" He asked.

"Are you with Tiffany now?" I blurted out. He laughed. He was really laughing in my face.

"That's why you're here?" He shook his head.

"I don't know Sydney. Tiffany is a good girl and she's been real loyal this past year." He stated with a smirk.

I folded my arms across my chest, "so basically you're upset that I didn't sit idly by while you went through your hoe phase?" I asked.

"Sydney, I can't make you do anything." He shrugged.

"Exactly, you can't and you shouldn't." I said.

"Sydney ... I think you're just mad because you think I chose Tiffany." He stated.

I couldn't believe the audacity of this man. I stood up so that I was over him as he continued to sit. "I don't give a damn who you choose to be with. Especially when I know they weren't your first choice and the only reason you're picking her is because she was stupid enough to sit and be played." I said.

"Nah, you not gonna paint me as this horrible guy. I'm honest with everyone about dealing with other people." He stated.

"You lied to me Nathan. You told me you'd stop messing with Tiffany." I pointed out.

"I told you I'd stop fucking her and I did; until I caught you with ole buddy." He explained.

"Whatever. If you wanna be with her then be with her Nathan. But don't do it in spite of me ... and know that if you are choosing her we are done, period." I finished and turned to leave. He snickered and it took everything in me not to kick him.

He suddenly pulled me into a kiss and I melted. I could feel his hand gripping my waist. His beard tickled my chin and for some reason that snapped me out of the daze. I pulled away from him. "Do you want to be with me Sydney?" He asked.

"You know how I feel about you Nathan." I told him.

"You've never expressed wanting to be with just me." He stated.

He was right. I always just flowed with not being exclusive. I always figured he'd make the move when he was ready to commit. But maybe he'd been waiting on me too. "Okay, yes Nathan. I want to be with you. I don't want to share you." I said it all in one breath.

He smiled. "I want to be with you too Sydney." He placed a kiss on my forehead. "I just know that if we were to get together now, I'd end up hurting you. I'm not ready to commit to one girl."

I instinctively pushed him away from me. "What the fuck Nathan? You just wanted me to say it so you could reject me?" I could feel tears stinging the back of my eyes.

"Syd..." he started.

"Fuck you Nathan." I said as I headed towards the door.

"Sydney I've been honest with you!" He said with a hint of confusion.

"I appreciate it. And I'm being honest when I say I don't want to do this anymore. You want me to sit and act like your girl while you're gallivanting all over campus with whoever you want, selling dreams to hella girls. I'm done." I spat and walked out.

The entire interaction killed any motivation I had to study. So I gave up and went to sleep, hoping that the last chapter wouldn't be an essay question on my exam.