Choices

"Soooooo I did a thing." Morgan stated as soon as I walked through the door later that night. I dropped my purse and raised an eyebrow at her.

"I slept with Will's roommate." She blurted out. I faked a look of surprise but truth is, Will told me about it when he found out.

"Because you like him?" I questioned.

"No. Well ... okay to be completely honest, we first did it before we left for winter break. It was really because I was just trying to get back at Will. And I know that was stupid, so we can skip that. But then he hit me up and we did it again over spring break. Can you come sit down?" She asked patting the spot next to her on the couch.

"What's up Mo?" I sat beside her and she immediately laid her head in my lap. I comforted her the best I could until she was ready to talk.

"I'm pregnant..." she whispered. I could feel her tears beginning to soak through my leggings.

"It's gonna be okay." I soothed and rubbed her back. "Do you want me to make a pros and cons list with you?" I asked half jokingly.

She snickered. "Syd, I'm getting an abortion. I just ... I know your position and..." I lifted her head from my lap so that we were looking at each other.

"Morgan, if you want me to be there with you, then I'm there. I don't care about any of that other stuff." She hugged me tight. We talked a bit more, and she told me she had already made an appointment for tomorrow.

"I was going to go alone. I didn't want to tell anyone about it." She admitted.

"I'm glad you changed your mind." I told her.

She retired to her room and I called Nathan. "Hey, you mind some company?" I asked once he answered.

"Of course not. Come through." He said.

I fell into his arms as soon as he opened the door. "You okay?" He questioned after a moment.

"I'm fine; just kinda wanted to be held tonight." I told him. He smiled and made room for me in his bed. He didn't question me or try to have sex with me. Nathan was really good about reading my moods and acting accordingly. He wrapped his arm around me tightly and we drifted off to sleep.

My alarm woke us up the next morning. "Mmm, I have to go." I told Nathan as I peeled his arm from around me.

"So you're gonna use me for my comforting arms and then leave?" He teased. I turned so that I was facing him. He pushed my hair out my face.

"You wanna talk about it?" He asked.

"I can't." I told him.

"Okay, well if you want some company just call me." He offered. I gave him a long kiss, that I wish could've been more but I knew I didn't have the time.

I hurried back to my building and knocked on Derek's door. He opened it and handed me his keys.

"I really appreciate it Derek." I told him.

"Yea, yea, just don't let anything happen to it." He instructed.

I promised and went to my room. By the time I showered and got dressed Morgan was waiting for me in the living room.

"You ready?" I asked. She nodded and followed me to the car. I played some music but it was an otherwise silent ride. I was grateful for Derek's illegally tinted windows as I maneuvered through the sea of protestors.

Once I parked I handed Morgan a hoodie I took from Nathan. "I thought you might need this."

"Thank you." She whispered as she slid the hoodie on and flipped the hood up. I shielded her the best I could from the aggressive protestors who had left the sidewalk.