Back in the Game

The next day I went to my morning classes and only got lost once. For lunch I joined Morgan, Will and a few others at a table. 

"What are you wearing?" Will laughed. 

"Shut-up, you know it's spirit week." I said as I adjusted my tie-dye socks. The entire first week was our "spirit week", we had to dress to a theme and perform during lunch and dinner. 

"I thought ya were an all new team, new rules." He said mocking me. 

"Some traditions cannot be replaced apparently." I said as I scarfed down my Caesar salad. 

"Syd, are you going to run for Miss Freshmen?" Morgan asked. 

"Uh, I hadn't thought about it." I said. 

"Well, I think you should, and you should let me put your campaign together. Campaigning is only a week for the freshman positions anyways." Savannah, another freshman, explained. 

"I don't know. I'm not keen on the spotlight." I told her. 

"You're a fucking insanely talented cheerleader, the spotlight loves you already. Let me make the people love you too." Savannah finished. 

"Wow, you're good. Okay, I mean worst case scenario I lose, right?" I agreed. 

"Hey Nate!" Morgan greeted. I turned around and smiled. 

"You two know each other?" I asked. 

"We met at summer orientation, we're in the same advising group." Morgan explained. 

"Hey Morgan. Can I get a second, Syd?" He requested. 

"Literally a second. I have to cheer." I told him and followed him to a corner. 

"Listen, Ms. Busy, Saturday after the game, let's go out." He suggested. 

"Are we going out as friends catching up or are you asking me on a date?" I questioned. 

"We can decide that at the end of the night." He smirked before walking away. I smiled and hurried to join the rest of my team at the front of the caf.

Savannah jumped on "managing my campaign. She came over and picked out my outfits for the upcoming week and made me do a whole photoshoot Friday after my morning workout. I had to fight her to even let me shower; she claimed that the endorphins gave my skin a natural glow. 

I did everything she asked for three hours before she let me leave

I did everything she asked for three hours before she let me leave. I was exhausted and wanted to nap but didn't have time. By the time I reached the Caf, I was receiving alerts from social media with my campaign promotion live. I smiled slightly. Savannah made me look quite regal. "You got our vote Syd." A group of guys called out as I walked by. I smiled and waved.

***********************************************************************************************Saturday night came quickly. I was applying my makeup in the mirror when Morgan came in. "You look good. You should do a plum lip." Morgan suggested.