thirty-eight

"May I sit here?" A raspy voice comes from my right, making me glance away from my gaze through the window.

I looked at the person, and quickly examined them. Tall, maybe 6 foot, sandy blonde hair, hazel eyes and a good sense of style. Hell yeah you can sit there, or on me.

"G- uh, um-"

"I'll take that as a yes." He winks, leaning pretty much over me as he sits down and buckles himself in, giving me a large wind of his amazing scent. That smooth motherfucker.

"So, I'm Winston." He says, nodding towards me. "And you are?"

"I, uh, um." I stutter, damn me. "I'm, um, Rosie."

He laughs, I assume at me, nodding as his response.

"Are you going on vacation?" Winston questions as the plane starts moving.

"No, I'm actually going home. I spent about five months here on a retreat from college, ya know." I explained, even though it wasn't true. I ran away.

"Oh, that's nice. Where do you go to college?"

"NCU." I answered, his face lightening up.

"Me too! I'm actually going their now because I am a freshman this year. Are you a junior?"

"I'm, well... A sophomore." I lied, or I think I did. I didn't remember what I was.

"That's awesome. Maybe we can hang out and do college work sometime." He says. I've noticed that this whole time he hasn't stopped smiling. "But what are the odds we are on the same flight, to the same place, to go to the same college?" Winston laughs.

"It's weird." I respond, nodding.

"So, what's your number so you know, we can get together sometime?" Winston pulls out his iphone.

I go into my purse, but then I realize something. I left my iPhone in mine and Harry's apartment supposedly because I never had it with me in the hospital. "Shit." I cursed.

"Something wrong?"

"Yeah, I may or may not have my iPhone." I mumbled.

"It's okay, just give me your number and I can text you." Winston compromises.

"I, uhm, don't have a number either." I said embarrassingly. This was somewhat awkward.

I could tell he was thinking. "Well, I guess I could write it on a piece of paper, and you could call me whenever you get a phone?" He suggests.

I nod. "Sounds great." I looked out the window to my left, to see distant buildings. I hadn't even realizes that we lifted off already.

"What movie do you want to watch?" He asks, swiping across the TV screen in front of us, in the movie section. "We got about 7 hours to kill Rosie." Winston smiles.

"Uhhh, Twenty One JumpStreet?" I picked. I don't know if I've seen it or not.

"Alright. I would've picked that one too." He agrees.

Blankets and pillows were passed out, even though this flight isn't overnight or anything. It was 10am-5pm. The movie began, and I made myself a cocoon out of my blanket, Winston chuckling at me.

My eyes slowly open, and my head instantly pounding. It's always wonderful to wake up with a migraine, especially on a plane. I glanced to my right, realizing I was sleeping with my head on Winston's arm. He was still sleeping, leaning to his right. I felt embarrassed, and I hadn't even realized I fell asleep.

"2 hours left and then we will be arriving in North Carolina!" A males voice came over the speakers. I heard a few cheers, and when looking around, everyone looked drowsy and done with this plane ride. As was I.