sixteen

"Who was that?" Harry questions.

I take a few more slow strides in the sand then decide that this would be a good spot to sit. I look up at Harry, whom was standing and staring at me. I realized he was in work clothes and probably shouldn't be sitting in sand. Oops.

"Oh, I'm sor-"

"It's fine. Let's just go sit over here?" He offers. I nod silently.

We sit down in wired chairs where the sidewalk meets the sand. It was absolutely beautiful outside.

"So, my question. Who was that guy?" Harry says, his eyebrows pinched together and a look of anger in his eyes almost. Why was he being so assertive?

"Uh, uh, Niall." I stutter.

Crap, I think, don't let him know you're nervous.

Harry nods with his lips tucked in. Should I be worried?

"How do you know him?" Harry asks moments later.

Okay. Why was he pressuring these questions on me like this. I feel like I'm in court. I'm the suspect and he's the judge, pounding questions into my head with that distinguishing look on their faces. The eyebrows, the eyes, the lips, the hands... He looks almost as if he was going to burst or something.

"We just ran into each other over here. That's all." I mumble.

"Oh, I see. Just grab a stranger off the streets of Los Angeles and call them your best friend? Is that how things work these days?"

Now I'm pissed.

"What the fuck, Harry? Why are you asking me these questions in the first place! Maybe it's just none of your damn business who I hang out with! Yeah, sure, I met him today and barely know him. But he sure was damn freaking sweet and sincere, unlike you right now." I catch my breath.

"And what about you?! Mr. I-am-at-a-job-interview-at-1am-every-night? Don't you think I'm a bit curious if you're hanging out with bad people? Yeah, I wonder it. But Harry... You see... The thing is, I didn't barge in and act like an idiot about it."

By now some eyes are wandering to this heated conversation. I got carried away. I shouldn't have said those things. When I look at Harry, his eyes are glossy with water and he brushes his fingers through his hair. 2 signs that tell me that he is stressed and confused. I don't know why I somewhat lashed out on him, to be honest. He didn't really deserve that. All he was doing was asking me about Niall.

"I'm sorry." I mumble, reaching across the small black table and clenching onto his long fingers.

"It's just-" , Harry pauses. "You never know who some people might be. He could've been an undercover cop sent from your father, or a kidnapper or rapist or anything."

I look down.

"I just don't want you to get hurt." Harry mumbles.

Harrys POV
This is really bad. Really, really bad. Zayn is doing this to me on purpose. He is testing me to see if I can handle being apart of this gang. Of course, he had to target the only person that I care about, Rosie. I would do anything for Rosie, which is why I will confront Zayn about this.
After mine and Rosie's talk on the beach, we both left concerned and I'm pretty sure she is getting curious about me. I hate to keep this all from her, but I already agreed to it, and I'll probably get shot if I don't stick with it...

I drove straight to The Hole in order to talk to Zayn. He was at his dark office, typing away at his laptop when I walked in. How do I say this?

"Hello, hello, hello... Harry. What brings you here, buddy?" Zayn chuckles.

He scares me.

"I, uhm."

Shit, Harry. Stop acting like a pussy.

"Yeah? What." Zayn says, looking up from his papers and laptop.

"Why are you trying to screw me?" I say. Zayn smiles and shakes his head down at the desk, a pen in his hand as his elbow is rested on the table. "I know what you're trying to do."

"And what might that be, Mr. Styles? I sure would love to know."

I'm getting angry. I hate his tone of voice, how he's so cocky and sarcastic. "You're trying to make me crack, by somehow getting me to spill out everything about this business to Rosie. But I'm not, because I know better and I wouldn't want to hurt somebody that I love." I spill out, somewhat out of breathe.

Zayn pretends to gasp. "Love?! Is this what I just heard? Is Harry Styles... In love?" He remarks in a snide voice.

"No."

"You know, Mr. Styles. It's way easier to lie when you learn not to blush like an idiot." Zayn gets up and starts walking around his office.

There were so many things I wanted to say and do to him. I wanted to say fuck you, and give him a nice punch to the jaw. But then as I thought about it, he'd just kill me in return. No thanks.

"Now that I know about your little romance, I suppose I should switch the subject to something related to it." Zayn smirks as he paces around the dark office of his. "I have another job for you. Now that you've done numerous already, and done a pretty good job, I suppose I should switch gears. You listening?"

I nod.

"The jobs you did for me recently, we're just covering up some dirty work. That's the easy-peasy pussy shit. I paid you the small stuff. Now it's time you really get involved with this business. Your next job, is very important." Zayn explains.

"What is it." I swallow the spit in my mouth that I didn't even realize was there.

"First of all, I'll give you one hundred grand after the job. And the job, is, well, to kill my sister." He laughs.

"What the fuck?" I blurted, a bit louder than I had planned.

"Yadah-yadah-yadah... I know what you're thinking." Zayn chuckles. "It's because she's gotten too curious about what I do and she has been finding things out. That obviously cannot happen. So, you need to murder her. However youd like, but make it within two weeks."

My heart has never beat so fast before. I have to kill someone? Take their life away forever? Especially an innocent young women. That's ridiculous. I refuse. "And what If I don't."

"Then I kill your little girlfriend." He replied quickly, with a solid and dark tone. I felt my heart skip a beat and shivers went down my body. I look at my arm, where goosebumps appeared.

"Okay. I'll do it." I blurt quickly, and get up to shake Zayns hand as he holds it out for me.

"Good." He says, shaking my hand.

I turn down the hallway, towards the exit.

"Oh, and Harry! I saw you on the news the other day! Something about being wanted? And being a kidnapper? Wow... would hate for you to suddenly be found!" He yells down the hallway. From where I was standing in the hallway, all I could see was Zayns dark shadow in his office.

"Watch your back. I'm always watching."

And with that, I storm out of the building.

this is a filler chapter thats why its so short oops haha

-carly