twelve

to the right - or the top for iphone users, is a picture of harry and rosies kitchen :):)

"My dad is dead isnt he."

I didnt respond. I didnt want to. I was pretty sure he knew the answer already too. So, i just sat there in silence.

I was starting to wonder where Harry wandered off to too, with that traumatized woman. I figure that theyre just talking to the cops, but who knows. Harry will come back into the flat sooner or later.

"Are ya hungry?" I say, attempting to somewhat lightening the mood. Charles nods his head, and I open the fridge that I recently stocked with food.

"Want to make cookies?" I say, pulling out Toll House cookie dough. He smiles, and walks around the island and next to me.

"I know how to make them." He says, grabbing the cookie dough and a tray. He preheats the oven, and sets the tray of cookie dough in the hot oven. I guess he IS 14, so he should probably know how to make cookies...

"Rosie." Charles mumbles, plopping the last of his warm cookie in his mouth.

"Yes?" I say, sitting next to him on the kitchen stool. I really wish we had our furniture and beds and everything, it would make a lot more places to sit and relax.

"I'm tired."

"Oh um." I mumble, thinking of where he could sleep. Benny is in mine and Harry's room, on the only air mattress we have. I don't know where Harry is, and it's 12am. I have both the woman's sons, and I don't know what to do...

"I guess you can go and lay down next to your brother." I say, with no other option. He nods, and walks down the hallway to the bedroom. I hear a door click shut.

I grab my phone, and scroll through messages and emails. Nothing from Harry. I sigh to myself. I was tired, and have I mentioned stressed? I need sleep if I don't want to be a complete bitch tomorrow. But then again, I can't because the only bed we have is occupied by currently homeless children. I'm not kicking them out, because I don't know what's going on in their apartment and I don't know where their mom is.

I'm screwed.

Harry's POV
As soon as I got the mom out of the apartment, I jogged her down to my car. She sat in the front seat, panicking and screaming. I have never seen a panic attack quite like this. This was pitiful and sad. When Rosie came to my house crying and in a panic attack, she wasn't as dramatic. But then again, I'm guessing this woman witnessed her husband get stabbed to death. By who? I have no clue. I want to find out, because when I saw her sons frightened eyes...
My heart blew to pieces.

So I drove her to the police station as soon as she told me she wasn't hurt or anything. They took her to the back to get answers, and I just got some information on these so called 'burglars' and left the station. I heard the sheriff talk about the location where they usually escape after break-ins to, and I drive there. I was about 20 minutes away from the station.

I pull up to a small abandoned... Movie theatre? Or shop? I don't know. But it was pretty freaky. In the alley next to the building, I see a few darkly colored cars. I stayed in my parked car, and try and think about things. I remember that my uncle was once a part of some gang in California that did certain duties for money. My dad said that my uncle moved to LA in hopes of pursuing his skills as a stunt performer for actors and such... But it never happened and he went straight to the streets. My family got word a few years ago that he went to jail, but we never figured out why.

I step out of my car, and walk into the alley. I cup my hands around the windows of the car to see if I can see any IDs or names I could possibly report to the police. I see a small card, with a name on it near the cup holder In the center console of a black Mercedes Benz. I squint my eyes, and then shine my iphone flashlight in through the tinted windows. I couldn't see the writing.

"Put your hands up and drop any weapons you contain!"

I look up and throw my hands into the air, slowly backing up from the car. The man, looked bald and was standing in a dark doorway to the theatre or whatever the abandoned building was.

"Who are you." The threatening voice growls.

I gulp.

"I said, who the fuck are you!" The man says, walking forwards toward me. I keep taking small steps back until the back of my head hits a cold brick wall.

The man stops a few feet away from me. He looks at me. God, what have I gotten myself into.
"H-Harry?"

What?

"Harry Styles?"

How does this man know my name. Oh fuck, he probably has seen wanted posters or the news or something. They've tracked me and Rosie down. Oh shit.

"It's, it's me. Uncle Nick."

Holy fuck.

"Wh-what?" I stutter.

The man smiles.

"Nick! What the fuck are you doing, we were in the middle of a meet-" a man says, bursting out from the doorway.

"One moment dickhead!" He yells back. The other man shakes his head and growls as he closes the door.

"How did you find me?" The man, my apparent 'Uncle Nick' asks.

"I-I." I can't process this.

"I um. It's a long story. What have you been up to?"

"Long story short, I pretty much joined a gang in order to pay bills. Now I'm rich and livin pretty well. You, bud? What brings you to the land of dreams?" Nick says.

"I um. Well. I ran away, with my friend. Now we live here." I explain.

"You need money?"

"I uh- what?" I say, confused.

"I said, do you need money? Like, cash?" Nick says, smiling.

"I-I." I stutter, shaking my head.

"Come on, bud. Let me show you my paradise." Nick says, taking my elbow and leading me through the abandon buildings door.

We walk in, and it's dark. A few lamps light up the hallway, and then it leads into a large room with a big table. People were in chairs around the table, looking concerned and very intent on the conversation... Until I walked in of course.

"Nick, who the hell is that." A tall man says as he stands up. Everyone looks at us.

"My nephew. Harry. Harry, this is Zayn. My boss." Nick says, referring to the tall man with the black hair. They were all wearing tuxes, and looked like normal businessmen.

"Is he joining us?" Zayn asks, annoyed.
Nick looks at me.

Honestly, I don't know how or why I got myself into this. I should have just called the cops and let them take the woman and calm her down and find her kids to take care of them.
Oh shit! Rosie! I completely forgot! Dear Jesus. I don't even know what's going on anymore. I'm so tired. So, so tired. With everyone looking at me, and everything swirling through my head, and Rosie being alone, and whatever is happening right now, I just feel like falling to the ground and waking back up in my bed at home. In North Carolina, where I smell the smell of bacon and eggs before I get ready for my morning classes at the college. The college where I see smiley Rosie, and all my friends. I miss it.

Nick smiles to Zayn.

"Yes."
And he smiles back to me.

More Stuff is starting and it will get reaaalll interesting. Harry doesn't even realize what he got himself into :)))
Sorry for the somewhat shorter chapter!
-carly (publ. Nov. 18th)