thirteen

Harry's POV
I open the door to my flat, and quietly walk in. I look at the lock screen of my phone: 2:00am. I was out for almost 5 hours.

I walk into the kitchen.

"Rosie." I whisper to myself, smiling at the sleeping Rosie as she sits on a bar stool at the kitchens island. Why doesn't she just go into the bedroom and sleep on the air mattress?
I walk down the hallway, the sound of my shoes echoing against the hardwood floors. I open the door to the master bedroom.

"What the?"
There were 2 boys sprawled out on the mattress. I stood in the doorway for a few minutes, soaking everything into my brain. Why in the world were there kids in the bed, let alone the apartment.

Oh those are the woman's sons....

I lightly shut the door, and walk back into the kitchen, to see Rosie still sound asleep. I laugh a little, then go out of the flat to the maids closet. I gather blankets and pillows, then make my way back into the apartment. I set it all down in the living room. The only thing in here was a flat screen television and a rug so far, so I set it all down on the rug. I made a temporary bed out of blankets, and then set the pillows down.

Good enough.

I walk over to Rosie and lightly touch her arm. I realize that she's probably extremely tired and stressed, so I decide not to awake her. I bend down to our my arm under her knees, then the other around her back. I pick her up, off the stool and into the living room.

"Mmmfgh."

I look down at Rosie in my arms, mumbling with her eyes slowly opening and she yawns. She looks down at my hand around her knee.

"Harry are you okay?" She mumbles, her raspy-tired voice cracking. I set her down on the temporary mattress and squat next to her. She grabs my hand with her small, smooth one. Her little nails brushing against my bloody fingers.

"It's from the woman. I'll go wash it off." I whisper, standing up to go wash it off.
I walk back and Rosie is still sitting there.

"You okay?" I say, slipping under the blanket and propping my head up on my elbow. "Come here."
Rosie moves back and slides under the covers in front of me. She burrows her face into my clean shirt, fisting the fabric that's over my abdomen.

"You should go to sleep, it's late." I mumble, and lightly kiss the top of her head. I lightly brush my fingers over the top of her head, through her hair and around her ear. My eyes close, and I fall asleep on the temporary bed.

"Rosie!" I hear a squeaky voice yell. What? What even was that?

Oh yeah, there's like 6 year olds in here.

I lean up, and look out the window to see nothing but darkness. It was early morning, like 3 or 4am. What was he even doing up this early.

I turn to see a small boy stumbling down the hallway. He was maybe 4, or younger. I couldn't really tell because we had no lighting in the house besides a couple lamps and night lights scattered around.

The small boy walks over to Rosie, whom was still sleeping in a little ball, and then he looks at me.

"Rosie." He whines, sad emotions across his face.

"Shhh, shh." I say, waving my hand. The boy looks to me, confused. I get up, walk over to the boy and grab his hand to take him into the kitchen area, away from Rosie.

"What's wrong?" I say quietly, kneeling down to his level.

"I had a- a bad dream." The boy whimpers. I nod my head. What do you do with a child that can't sleep? I don't have a child or any small nephews or anything so I wouldn't know the first thing to do.