fifteen

Rosie's POV
I wake up in the morning, the sun shining blindly through the windows. I turn over to see the other half of the bed vacant. Harry, I assume, went to work at his new job. I wonder what it is?
I get up and decide to go get some exercise. It was 7am here in LA, and it was a perfect 65 degrees; great for a run on the sidewalks. I get dressed in spandex, a shirt and my tennis shoes, then go walk quietly into the guest room.

"Charles." I whisper quietly, trying not to wake Benny.
He opens his eyes and squints at me as he wakes up. I didn't really want to wake him up, considering he looked so peaceful and whatnot, but I had to tell him I was leaving for a bit. "I'm going for a run. I'll be back in a bit. There is toast on the counter." I say, and he nods then closes his eyes.

Walking out of the complex was great. As soon as I took the first steps out the doors, I was greeted by a refreshing, salty ocean breeze. I began running in the direction of the beach sidewalks, and as soon as I did, the wind blew my hair into my mouth; choking me partially. I stopped to take a rubber hair tie and braid my pony tail halfway down my back; then I proceeded. I smiled and waved to the other runners and walkers who decided to come out and enjoy this great weather. So far I've loved LA.
I stopped to take my tennis shoes and socks off, placing them into my bag and walking into the sand. It was a light beige and really soft, but the occasional litter was ugly. It made me cringe that people would throw their waste on a beautiful place like this.

I put my toes in the water as the tide waded in to shore and out back to the ocean. I walked a short distance to underneath the pier where the huge brown pillars of the pier supports connected to the beach. I reached into my bag, grabbed my towel; my replacement yoga mat since mine was back home, and set it down underneath the pier. The sand was dark because of the piers shadows, and it felt peaceful to only hear the small waves instead of bustling early beach-goers.

I stretched, getting rid of the lactic acid that has been building up in my muscles for the past couple days from l the hectic-ness. Once my muscles were loose, I began my own yoga class with the waves, sand, and I. I was in my last position, the butterfly, with my eyes closed as I focused on calmly listening to the waves. After a while of this pose, I heard something other than the waves... Footsteps in the sand, and rustling pants. Like a pantsuit rubbing together or something? I open my eyes to see what it was, looking and turning all directions.

"Soothing, isn't it?" A boy, maybe my age or a bit older, with blue eyes and blonde hair says. He walks closer, and I stay still in my bitterly position; frozen.

"Yeah, it's nice." I choke out, not knowing what to say. It's not everyday some boy approaches you in a business outfit on a beach under a pier. Wow.

"Do you come here every morning?" He says, with a cheeky smile. Somewhat comforting, but he steps closer, until his is standing a couple feet next to my right side. Was he trying to be nice and make conversation? Or reel me in so I get kidnapped...

"No, not often. I had time so I figured I'd come here. Do you?" I say, looking directly at his uniform.
He laughs and looks down at his outfit, down to his expensive looking shoes. "I come down here every now and then before work. With my coffee." He smiles.

At least he seems nice. I kinda like him.

"Oh, so I stole your spot? Is that what you're trying to say to me?" I say with a sarcastic tone. He shakes his head and laughs.

"Not really." The boy says. He takes his hand out of his pant pocket and reaches out to me. "I'm Niall, by the way."

I turn my body to face him, then stand up. I reach my hand out to meet his. "I'm Rosie." I say, shaking his firm hand lightly.