Thirty-One | "Why Can't You Just Trust Me..."

"Justin," I sigh. "why are you here?"

My tone was as calm as ever. I really didn't have the time or the energy to be loud or to argue. I just wanted to know why he was sitting in my room like a crazy person.

He sighs as well, running his hands over his face before speaking. "I miss you."

"How'd you get in here?"

"You're grandfather."

Of course. Nonno doesn't usually open the door for unfamiliar people. Unfortunately, Justin wasn't unfamiliar to him.

"Dana this has been going on for too long. I can't stand to be away from you for a day let alone three whole weeks."

"Well it sure doesn't seem like it." I scoff.

Justin's brows furrow. "What? What're you-"

"I've been texting you Justin. Even when I kept telling myself that you didn't care, I did." I really didn't want to get upset but I couldn't control it. How can he sit here and act as if he hasn't been ignoring me? I understand if he was upset because hell, I was too. But that doesn't give him the right to ignore me when I'm trying to reach out to him. Obviously, I missed him too.

"Dana you never texted me."

I irritably pull my phone from my pocket and when I open our messages I throw it at him. "What do you call this?"

He scrolls and shakes his head. "I never got these I swear. I would never ignore you. Ever."

"Oh yeah. Your crazy ass girlfriend threatened to kill me. She said she hated me and that you were hers."

I didn't have to say a name for Justin to know who I was talking about.

"Irene." he shakes his head. "I don't know what's wrong with her."

"Look what she sent me." I direct him to the photo of them together.

When he sees it his face turns red and he instantly gets angry. "What the fuck is this?"

"You tell me." I bite my lip to keep from laughing. He was clearly unaware of this which made it even more creepy. Who takes a picture with someone that's sleeping?

"She was probably going through my phone. That explains why she was acting all weird in the mall that day."

"Whatever." I shake my head wanting to desperately change the subject. I had better things to ask him about. "Why are back in California? School doesn't start for another two weeks."

He shifts uncomfortably in the chair. "I uh, I'm not here because of that. I have business to take care of."

"The same business that you're still continuing to hide from me?"

He nods.

I can't believe he was still hiding that from me. I mean, how important could it be? If anything, I should be the one person he trusts with his secrets. I'm his girlfriend for pete's sake.

"What are you keeping from me Justin?" I sit on my bed and stare at him blankly.

"I didn't come here to discuss that Dana. Why can't we just make up?"

"Why can't you just trust me?"

"I do!"

"So tell me!" I yell.

"I would if I could baby. I swear I would."

My heart beat quickens when he says that.
He's never called me baby before. I sigh. "Fine."