Twenty-Six | The Showcase

First off, I wanna say thank you so so so much for 10k reads. I wasn't expecting this story to go that far. You guys are way past amazing.
_________________________

Justin's POV

Today was it.

Today was the showcase. I couldn't even begin to describe how nervous I was feeling. Especially when there were people in the crowd watching me. I couldn't mess up.

My mom was also here. She was some where in the crowd and I couldn't go see her until the performance was over. That's what Wagner told me.

It still hurts to know that Dana wasn't going to be on this stage with me.

She said she wouldn't.

Of course I didn't believe her. She's said it countless times before but this time she was serious. Plus, she didn't exactly recover from the marks and bruises on her face and neck.

"Justin may I speak with you for a quick second?" Wagner was tapping my shoulder.

I turn to face her and she has a stern look on her face.

I already know what this is about.

"After what happened to Mark, I shouldn't be letting you perform today. Do you know how bad you hurt him?"

I clear my throat and bite my lip to keep from smiling. "Uh, yes ma'am. I am very aware of how bad he got his a---, I mean, he got hurt."

"Professor Rozland told me about your situation so I have no choice but to let you perform today."

"I appreciate it."

"Where's Dana? You guys will be up in about twenty minutes."

Looking down at my shoes I say quietly, "She um, she won't be performing with me."

"What?!" Wagner shrieks. "But you guys are my superstars. She has to be here! Go get her Justin."

"It's not that easy."

"What do you mean?"

"She doesn't want to see me ever again."

"Oh... I see. Well, I'll go try and talk to her after the show but, in the mean time I need you to get in your position because you'll be up sooner than you think."

Wagner was right.

Twenty minutes went by in almost no time. Whitney and Paul were coming to the end of their song as one of the stage crew members shoves a microphone in my hand. "You're up bud."

I needed Dana here with me. I needed her so bad it was almost unbearable.

"And now performing his original song called Die In Your Arms, here's one of my best students, Justin Bieber."

The crowd claps and the curtains slowly pull back, revealing the largest crowd I've ever seen.

Just perform how you would back at home.

I nod at my inside voice and wait for the music to start.

Then I start singing.

Halfway through the song I want to stop. I didn't want to take full credit for a song that both Dana and I wrote together. It just wasn't right. I wasn't even focused right now. How could I be when my baby girl didn't want anything to do with me?

The song comes to an end. I didn't even care that people were giving me a standing ovation. I didn't care that Professor Rozland was giving me two thumbs up in the crowd. I didn't even care that my mom was blowing me kisses. None of that mattered if Dana wasn't here taking it all in with me.