Twelve | Escalation

- Justin's Pov -

I like Dana. It's clearly obvious. It's not clear if she likes me back. It's kind of hard to tell. I make my move and she brushes me off. Maybe I should tell just her the truth about Bailey and I.

I don't know.

"Bro." Ryan calls to me. He hooks his laptop to the stereo after he takes his headphones off. "How does this sound?"

The instrumental to me and Dana's song plays out loud.

"Great." I say in all honesty. Ryan has extreme talent. "Keep this up, you're gonna make it far dude."

Ryan shrugs. "Ah, I'm not that good."

I laughed.

"So have you and Dana finished yet?" he asked closing his laptop.

"Almost. She wants me to come over today to finish the last part. Think I'm gonna go do that now." I respond.

"Alright. I'll be here." Ryan puts his headphones back on.

I stand from my bed and stretch. I've been here all day. Even after Bailey's texts telling me to come over. She's so annoying sometimes. Wait, what am I saying? She's annoying all of the time.

I check my appearance before I leave. Black pullover hoodie, jeans, and black Vans. I spray a little cologne on, I saw how Dana looked yesterday after she smelled it.

When I get outside I pull my hoodie over my head just in case Bailey was out here. Didn't have much luck being that she was running toward me. I turned around and went in the other direction walking as fast as I could.

"Justin!" I heard her high pitched annoying voice fill the air. Everyone looked at me. Fuck. I stopped and turned around.

"Really Justin?" Bailey's face was red. "You really made me run after you? What type of boyfriend are you?"

"What do you want?" I rolled my eyes.

She smirked and pulled me close to her. "For you to come to my room. I know you got my texts."

"I can't today. I have some work to catch up on with Dana."

Bailey stopped smiling and looked in my eyes. "Why are you always with her all of a sudden?"

"Our project."

"That bitch is trying to steal you." she shook her head.

"She's not a bitch." I say defensively.

"Whatever. Go work on your stupid little project." she leaned forward and pressed her lips against mine, but I don't kiss back.

I pull away and head to Dana's building. When I get up stairs I knock on the door and wait. Dana answers the door smiling but stops when she sees me.

"Come in." she steps to the side and I walk in.

"New tv I see." I notice she had a flat screen on her wall.

"Yeah. I texted my grandparents last night at the movies." She's smiling. Her smile is beautiful. I would like to see her smile more when we're together. I honestly don't even know why she hates me. She hated me since I got here for no reason at all. "Let's work so I can finish watching my show."

I turn to the tv and see Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis. I smile. "That 70's Show. I love it."

Dana crosses her arms, cocks her head to the side and smiles. "Stop lying."

"I'm not! I've seen almost every episode." I laugh.

"Whatever. Let's just get to work. I wrote a bridge if you want to hear." She sits on her bed and so do I.