FOURTEEN

*FIRST WEEK OF BREAK UP*                    Lani's P.O.V
Monday:
Dave cheated on me and it's all my fault, maybe my love was just a game to him. He has been blowing up my phones all day. I ignored every single notification, I don't want to hear his sorry ass apologies and excuses. My heart is in pain and it aches, and I know it will take time to heal but once I do that..I will start over. I learned from my past heartbreak that I can't keep hiding my heart and just keep it in the shadows, protecting it. I had to realize that your heart will be broken many times in life but the strong always survive. From my last heartbreak, it took me a year to get back out there and then I found Dave. I will grieve and put myself back out there to normal. I have been crying myself in and out of sleep all day. I haven't got up to do anything else but use the bathroom. I haven't eaten, been on my phone, or watched television. I stayed in bed all day and just thought about how I got to this point.
Tuesday:
I woke up today and got in the shower, brushed my teeth, and washed my face.   I put my hair up into a messy bun and put on ethika boxer and a matching sports bra, I decided to watch scary movies all day. Today felt a little better but I was still hurting to the point I didn't want to eat. I still had hella notifications from my friends,Dave, people tagging me in stuff about Dave. I noticed one of the people that texted me and decided to reply...
kevin👍: You good?
Me: sureee :(
kevin👍: You can talk to me on some chill shii
Me: i ain't even gon lie, my heart broke.
kevin👍: Yea, know how you feel. That nigga a clown for what he did. Shawty, you bad asf. You can have whoever you want and I'm sorry that happened to you.
Me: thanks.  you should feel special, you the only person i have talked too in two days and you made me smile.
kevin👍: Anytime. Go get your rest, talk to you tomorrow?
Me: sureee
I felt kinda better after the conversation with Kevin, I wasn't tryna to move on but I enjoyed his company as a supportive friend and honestly he made me forget all about Dave. So, while I was feeling better, I thought it was best to go to sleep in a good mood.
Wednesday:
I woke in heartbreak, as soon as I woke up I started to think about Dave and I and thought that him cheating on me was my fault. I started to believe I wasn't good enough for him and starting looking through photos and videos of us, shaming myself. I was balling my eyes and realized that me doing this isn't going to help me move on. I hooked my phone up to the computer in my room and put all our pictures and videos in a hard drive. I took the hard drive out of my computer and throw it in a box and starting packing all my memories of Dave. I am not going to lie, I hoped that when Dave came back home it would be a good reason why he did what he did but I didn't know anything so... I packed all the stuff up and taped in closed. I still haven't eaten but I was fine, I wanted to go to sleep and just get the day over with. I watched some tv to fall asleep and texted Kevin a couple of times throughout the day. He just wanted to check up on me. I had drifted off to sleep for the rest of the day.
Thrusday:
I was woken up by banging on my door and I grabbed my silk robe and put it on and went to go unlock it. I slightly opened the door and Zavi and Airi rushed inside and said "Okay, I know your probably upset and wanna be left alone but it has been three days, I'm done giving you space. I talked to your cousin and says you haven't been eating so today is that day and I'm not playing because if I have to call your mom I will.
I chuckled at how concerned she was.
Airi said "Wait, your laughing." She walked closer to me and grabbed my face trying to examine it.
I said "Like what you see?"
Airi said "Oh okay, so you can get smart but can't reply. I have been worried sick about you and you look like your taking things pretty well and seems you only have puffy eyes. But, you seem fine...I just thought..."
"It would be the same thing after Reynaud."
Airi nodded, I get why should would be concerned. Reynaud was my first love and he broke my heart, we mended things and became friends but before that I was really angry at myself. I thought that it was because i wasn't pretty enough and I started to starve myself or when I would have to eat, I would throw it up. That went on for about a month but I got the help I needed after one day I passed out at school.
I said "I am okay, it sucks but I was giving myself this week to grieve and then get back to normal. I heard it's a party next Saturday."
They both looked at me in shock.
Airi asked "You wanna go to a party?"
I nodded and smiled.
Zavi said "Down."
Airi looked concerned and said "Are you sure you okay I think we should talk about some stuff."
I nodded and we sat down on my bed and started the conversation "Look, I know what you're thinking. You think I'm trying to push my feelings to the side and avoid them and that's the complete opposite, I have been trying to express all my emotions to get the worst part over it. Look, I have something to tell y'all but I need y'all to really hear me."
They looked at each and both looked at me and nodded.
I said "So, y'all remember the guy Kevin at Dave birthday party...well we have been texting for the past couple of days not like that but he's been really supportive. I would've came to y'all but you possibly was gonna tell me what I wanted to hear. So, he has been my outlet for most of my emotions and it has really helped. I'm healing and it's going pretty good so far so when I tell you I'm fine, I am really."
Airi and Zavi smiled and jumped on me to hug me and I hugged them back, it was nice to be able to express how I feel to them.
Zavi said "I am really proud of you bossing up."
Airi said "Yeah me too. You are really strong and I see that now but onto gossip."
I laughed and was ready to hear what this girl had to say.
Airi said "What does this Kevin dude look like? I know I've seen him before but it was dark."
I pulled out my phone and showed her the picture I have for his contact name.

"I pulled out my phone and showed her the picture I have for his contact name

Airi and Zavi got up and screamed and I laughed at them. Zavi said "Bitch, he fine!"
Airi said "Yeah, maybe you got a potential boo lined up for you already." I laughed and said "Yeah, too soon but if he likes me I will give him a chance when I am ready. But anyways, y'all wanna stay over the rest of the week and today we can just stay in and watched movies all day and eat because I am starving."
Airi and Zavi said they would stay and they handed me a bag with a bunch of food and snacks in it for me because they know me too well. We chilled for the rest of the day and I was just happy.
Dave was still texting me but I didn't care, I wanted nothing to do with him.
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday were chill and I felt like things were going back to normal. I sent Dave package out to him Saturday and said my final goodbyes and I just felt like the worst parts were over but little did I know.