Chapter 26 ❀ Thoughts Of Him | NSFW

"I'm home." Piers announced not too loudly, but not too silently either as he slipped out of his shoes at the entrance. He considered taking off his jacket to be muscle memory, but now that he was wearing the cozy hoodie of his boyfriend, he couldn't bring himself to slip out of it. It's not like he wanted to, either.

His cheeks were still tinted pink, not only because of the way Raihan had seen him off but also due to the cold that he left outside. The spiky-head wasn't expecting to be greeted at this hour — it was quite late after all, even if his little sister was a Noctowl. He was a tad surprised when he saw a source of light just around the entrance's corner, but not too much when he noticed Marnie slouching on the couch.

"Welcome back." The girl grumbled, her words almost inaudible due to the way she was burying her chin in her upper torso. She lazily held her Rotom Phone in front of herself while texting away, probably, her emerald eyes never darting away from the screen — the only source of light in the room. That and the telly which had probably only been turned on for background sounds.

"How come you're not sleepin' yet?" Came Piers hoarse voice, his throat still in process of accustoming itself with the contrastingly warm surroundings. Marnie finally shifted her attention to her older brother who reminded her more of a nagging parent, though she knew he only had her best interests in mind.

"I'm textin' with a friend. You know, Gloria. I told you 'bout her." The ravenette answered, waving her electronic device slightly as if to prove her point. As soon as her elder sibling returned her a nod, she concentrated on answering the new message that had just popped on her screen. It was only then that she noticed that Piers seemed to look somewhat physically different than the usual.

While the other was making his way towards his room, Marnie snuck in another quick peek and could finally put a finger on her suspicions. Her lips curled into a small, smirk-like smile at the sight of the oversized jacket that prevented any trace of cold from making its way to her big brother's sensitive skin.

"Is that your boyfriend's?" She blurted out, without thinking and meaning exactly what she was implying. The blunt comment threw the spiky-head off guard a tad, something that was exposed by his cyan orbs flying wide for a mere second, followed by a red color painting his cheeks. As if his face wasn't enough to give him away, Piers scratched the back of his neck sheepishly, avoiding his sister's gaze. "Y-Yeah..."

He and Raihan weren't the most official with their relationship, though they never hid it or made up excuses when they were asked by others directly. In Piers' case, Marnie was the first person he had told this to out of his own volition, the Team Yell grunts following after. They were all endearingly understanding about it and the fact that he was dating someone of the same gender — and he truly appreciated it to a point that was indescribable.

"A-Anyway, I'll head to sleep now. Don't stay up too late." Piers couldn't remember ever having stuttered in his little sibling's presence, so this was a first. Then again, the talk was about Raihan, and Raihan owned a lot of his firsts, so adding another to the list wasn't that surprising in the end.

Marnie on the other hand had always thought of her older brother as someone cool and reliable, so it was also an unusual occurrence when the words "so cute" filled her thoughts as the latter left to his room with bright red ears.

With his door now closed — and locked, for uncertain reasons — Piers slowly strolled towards the bed that he had failed to make this morning, plopping onto it whilst sinking his entire weight into the mattress. As soft as they were and as much comfort as his sheets usually provided him with, the spiky-head seemed to be aware of Raihan's hoodie, and Raihan's hoodie only.

Even though the slightest of low temperatures always caused Piers to shiver and cover himself in countless layers of thick clothes, he felt extremely hot when only wearing his lover's jacket. And despite that, he showed no signs of wanting to take it off.