Chapter 25 ❀ Night Skies

Training in the Wild Area was one of the most common things to do for Trainers that had some time on their hands, and that didn't exclude Gym Leaders. The sun was slowly but surely descending, concealing its bright appearance behind the mountains in the distance.

Raihan and Piers on the other hand were gathering both their Pokémon and their belongings, namely all of the things they had used to cook up a few meals. They had spent the entire day in the Wild Area, enjoying one another's presence, exercising with their faithful companions, cooking curry, eating it and repeating the process all over again.

Having left his Gym in the hands of Sebastian for the day, Raihan had gone ahead and invited his lover on another one of their dates. Neither of them wanted to neglect their responsibilities as expert Trainers, so with the wish of spending time together while still improving their practical skills at the same time, the two settled on going to train their Pokémon as a small team.

They had started their little adventure at Hammerlocke Hills, challenging and defeating powerful Pokémon in Dusty Bowl and at Lake of Outrage. Raihan would have usually sticked his head in as many Dens as he could find, but with Piers lending him company the whole day, he didn't. He, more than anyone else, knew that the spiky-head wasn't a fan of Dynamaxing, so why do it when there was absolutely no necessity to?

Without a clear goal in mind, they had proceeded south, getting greeted by drastic weather changes from time to time. That wasn't a problem for either of the young men, since they had grown used to them due to Raihan's battling style. It wasn't until they had reached South Lake Miloch that they decided to spend the rest of their time near Giant's Seat, which led to the happenings of right now.

Piers was responsibly stuffing all of the washed and dried kitchen utensils in Raihan's bag while the other played around with the wild Duraludon they had befriended, the one that housed in that particular area. All of the other Pokémon except for Obstagoon and Flygon had been retreated to their respective Ultra and Dusk Balls, one of the reasons being that it had gotten rather cold after the group had eaten dinner.

In fact, a cold gust of wind graced them with its presence right when Piers had zipped their bags shut, causing him to shiver notably. He always wore his white jacket wherever he went, but it so happened that it had gotten torn by Marnie's Morpeko's tantrum this morning before he left the house. He didn't want to wear the brand new jacket that he and his boyfriend had bought recently to the Wild Area, so he sucked it up and left without one altogether. Foolish decision, really.

"Sorry you had to do everything on your own. I kinda got swept away." Raihan suddenly appeared behind the shorter male, humming as he finished his approach. Piers gave him a faint smile, attempting to hide the goose bumps he had been given by the chilly breeze. "Don't worry 'bout it. You cooked for us, so it's only fair that I do my part."

"You're such a great wife." The raven-haired man continued to hum, additionally wrapping his strong arms around his lover's frail stature. Raihan nestled his head on the latter's shoulder, planting a few smooches on Piers' pale cheek, painting it redder and redder with every little peck he delivered.

The spiky-head only chuckled at the other's remark, welcoming those silly words as compliments as he leaned somewhat more into Raihan's touch. The taller male's body heat was so alluring, he didn't even notice that he was shuffling closer to him. At least not until Raihan brought something to his attention. "Hey, aren't you cold like that?"

"I'd be lyin' if I said I'm not." Piers almost stammered when replying, feeling another freezing blow of air awaken further chills all along his spine. Raihan felt his lover tense momentarily at the climatic changes, and decided to turn him around in his arms, burying the shorter's face in his chest in the process. "Let's hurry home, then. It's getting late anyway, and I shouldn't make Flygon fly when it's too dark out."