Chapter 40: Coalition

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

*A week has passed since the harvest festival came to a close. The town has finally returned to its ordinary relaxed atmosphere. Naturally, the excommunication of Laxus from the guild came as something of a shock to everyone. And SOME of us are still quite whiny about it...*

Natsu: IT JUST AIN'T RIGHT, OLD MAN !!! WHY'D YOU HAVE TO DRIVE LAXUS AWAY, HUH ?!!

Mew: And there he goes again...

Natsu: He's still one of our comrades !! That doesn't change just 'cause we got into a fight !!

"Natsu, I don't think you understand the difference between fighting and 'Actively trying to murder us all'..."

Natsu: I still need to have a rematch with him !!! This time, I'll make sure I'm strong enough to take him down !!

"CUT IT OUT ALREADY !!!"

Natsu: Eep... ?

"Do you really think he drove Laxus away because he wanted to ?"

Natsu: But still...

*This certainly isn't the first time this exchange has happened. As for the master, he even tried to take responsibility for his grandson's actions and step down from his position. Everybody tried to convince him otherwise, but...*

Freed: Please, do not try to punish Laxus any more than you already have. If he were to learn that you had forsaken your position on his account...

*In the end, it was a single comment from Freed (Who seems to have decide to shave his head from regrets) that made the master give up on this idea. Speaking of Freed, him and the other members of the Raijin guard seem to have begun, slowly but surely, to come to terms and open up to the rest of us. Keyword being slowly...*

Evergreen: You can draw a picture of me if you like. No, I will not pose nude, however, so don't bother asking.

Reedus: ... ... ...

Bickslow: So howzit goin' between you and Loki ?

Happy: It's goin' well~~

"It'll be a while, before everything go back to normal..."

Mew: Shouldn't you be worried about something else ? Or rather, someone else ?

Erza: Mystogan...

Mew: Wasn't she like that since Fantasia ended ?

"I know, but... You know, after spending billions of years by my own, I'm afraid my social skills may have rusted quite a bit... And my human part isn't much more reliable..."

Mew: Just try something, the point is to get her out of her spleen, that's it.

"Well, if anything, there's that new cake shop that just opened nearby and- Erza, you're drooling on my shoulder right now."

Erza: Oh ? Um, sorry, I just heard about cake, and...

Mirajane: Sorry for interrupting, but I'm afraid your little date will have to wait. The master explicitly asked for everyone to be present, he as an announcement to make

"An announcement ? What could it possible be ?"

Mirajane: I think it was about-