Chapter 85: Butterfly effect

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

3rd person POV:

Hisui: In response to the impending dragon attack, we commence the Eclipse Cannon firing sequence, now !!

Darton: 'We are finally opening the gates...'

Arcadios: 'I'll have to bear witness to the princess' will to the very end...'

Hisui: I pray that we can eliminate them all with one strike. It will take many years for us to amass such a quantity of magic again.

Mew: Well, well... This is quite the spectacle we've stumbled upon...

Carla: It looks like they're about to open the gates.

Happy: Where did Loki run off to ?

Pantherlily: He did so because we can't use magic freely around that thing.

'Rogue': Someone stopped us from opening the gates. Because of their intrusion, they remained shut. We couldn't use the Eclipse Cannon against the ten thousand dragons... Which inevitably led to the destruction of the world.

Arcadios: ... There's no need for you to hide... Show yourselves...

Mew: We've been discovered !!

Happy: W- We have not done anything wrong !

Carla: if you're with the minister, then...

Darton: the circumstances have changed.

Hisui: Fairy Tail... My humblest apologies for what transpired... Given our predicament, we'll issue a formal apology at a later date.

Wendy: C- Carla, it's the princess !

Hisui: Which reminds me... Congratulations on your victory at the Grand Magic games.

Happy: Victory !!

Wendy: they pulled through !

Mew: What else was to expect ? Of course they did.

Pantherlily: You didn't sound so sure of it sooner.

Lucy: But... Why are you opening the gates ? The dragons aren't here yet.

Hisui: they know about the dragons...

Arcadios: Yes, they are aware of everything. Speaking of which, where's the future "You" ?

Pantherlily: ... She was killed... There was a,other man from the future.

Arcadios: What ?!

Lucy: That man said that I would interfere with the opening of the gates and therefore the Eclipse Cannon wouldn't be fired.

Arcadios: So he tried to kill you ?

Hisui: ... Will you interfere ?

Lucy: I would never ! It's just that I don't understand why you're opening the gates before they even arrive !

Hisui: It's simple... It takes time to charge the cannon. We wouldn't make it in time if we simply waited for them to appear.

Lucy: can that thing... really defeat all those dragons ?

Arcadios: I cannot say for certain.. As we speak, jis majesty is making preparations for a worse case scenario...