𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

•°•♤•°•

•°•♤•°•

"CONFUSION"

-love at it's finest.

"Thank you-"

-three years later.

KEISHA, ELIZABETH, AND AMAYA STARED AT THE STICK LIKE IT WAS FROM ANOTHER PLANET. They wanted to take precaution when Amaya told them the symptoms she was having for the past few weeks, noting the fact that she also missed her period telling them she was more than a month late.

Keisha and Elizabeth glanced at each other once they saw the results, before taking their gaze to Amaya who was still in shock. Her eyes on the stick.

Keisha puts the test on the bathroom counter as she rubs her forehead. There's no way that her big sister--the one who got knocked up, struggled with her feelings for the father of her child, and had a hard time doing her job as a photographer also fixing the problem between her childhood friend and herself, was-

"Positive." Amaya said, cutting through Keisha's train of thought, her voice soft and unconvinced. "The test, the stick--it's positive." She drags a hand through her hair, laughing softly in disbelief, and placed a hand on her stomach.

She stares at her friend and sister, her eyes flickering between the two. "I'm pregnant again."

"With Tom's baby?" Keisha blurts out, knowing her sister wouldn't sleep with anyone else except Tom.

"That would make the situation more painful and complicated than it already is"---she remembers her sister saying that a few months after giving birth to Olivia, her face twisted with sadness as she held her child close, glancing at Olivia's face when she answered.

So Keisha knows. Her first guess being the only guess.

But. Keisha hoped that her sister wouldn't put herself through that pain again. The pain of handling the majority of preparing the child's arrival by herself and plan appointments working extra time to pay for toys and blankets. Which was why Keisha had to ask, because she's never seen her sister deny her feelings like this and be so in love with a guy she's not with.

The young adult hasn't even forgiven Tom for causing so much pain to her sister.

Amaya stayed silent at the sudden question, looking away from her sister. Keisha already knew the answer then.

Tom and Amaya weren't together, they only shared custody over Olivia. But Tom is Olivia's father, and the young girl knows her sister regrets the decision of telling the father of her child, hours after childbirth, that they can't be together only co-parents.