Chapter 83: Your Innocent Eyes Are A Harsh Curse

(Y/n) woke up in the morning of her own volition, looking longingly outside the window as she saw nothing but trees. Perhaps they weren't quite out of the city, but it sure felt like they were in the middle of nowhere. She was beginning to lose hope that she would ever escape the house, but she held onto her faith in Akari. By no means did she forgive him for killing and harming others, but in this case, he could help.

"You're up early," Shota said quietly, stepping into the room, "That's unusual. Is anything the matter, darling? Having trouble sleeping, perhaps?"

The (h/c) haired girl sneered at the male for coming near her, having a strong distaste for him far surpassing her hatred of the others. He seemed to have noticed, finding her silence irritating. He sat on the end of the bed, letting out an annoyed sigh before he ran his fingers through his hair, straightening it out. Staring out of the window, the redhead watched as a flock of birds flew by, staring at their wings.

"Well, I suppose I'm your least favorite?" Shota asked, trying to hold back the words so they didn't spit out in rage.

"Would you be surprised?" (Y/n) asked, almost scoffing.

The redhead didn't waste any time before he stood up abruptly and walked away, slamming the door behind him. While the girl was relieved she wouldn't have to put up with him, it didn't last long as he quickly reentered with an embarrassed blush on his face. He sat down again on the bed, but this time, was much closer, intertwining his pinkie with hers. She glared at him, pulling her hand away before he grabbed onto it in fear and held it close to his heart, a distressed expression.

"I-I apologize," he said quietly, pressing his lips to her hand while he still held it close to himself, "This isn't like me. I don't want you to despise me. Tell me how I can make it up to you?"

"It's not something you can make up and it's not me you should be making it up to," the girl said through her teeth as she both tugged her hand back and pushed Shota away.

It didn't do her much as he only pulled her towards himself and enveloped her in a hug. The way his body was formed around her, he seemed scared and lonely, but she tried not to let herself feel sympathy for the redhead. After all, he was the one that not only harmed Narahashi, but his father as well, and now he was doing it to people he was close to for harmless reasons. It seemed strange for him, but she wasn't entirely sure she knew how far he was willing to go quite yet.

As he held her close to himself, he allowed himself the pleasure of positioning himself so that he was able to hold more of her with his own body. He wanted to touch as much of her as he could, but she didn't seem too fond of the idea, making a frown fall on his features. The redhead placed the girl's hand on his chest, hoping she could hear his heartbeat, but he knew it was unlikely. Something about him had been off lately, he could feel that much though he struggled to understand what it was completely.

"I only do what I have to," Shota said, trying to make his view be seen, "I don't wish to harm innocent people and I don't do it on a whim either. I'm not a cold-blooded killer. Not like Akari and Yamato are."

The girl paused when he had brought up the brunette, connecting him to a killer. It didn't seem right. Sure, he was demanding and forced others into submission, but other than a few fistfights, she hadn't heard anything about him having killed someone before. Shota saw the girl's confusion and took the opportunity to place a kiss on her forehead, trying to alleviate the stress she felt from being cooped up. Keeping her in that house wasn't his first option, but it seemed like the only choice he had.

"Yamato's a blushing mess around you," the redhead said quietly, running his hands through the girl's hair, "But before he developed feelings for you, he used to kill people in those fights of his. At some point, he was addicted. Judging from speculation, I'd say he's itching for one."