Chapter 44: Impatient

Shota paced around his room, worrying more than he had ever done before. Below him, the boys could hear his impatient pacing, finding themselves becoming progressively irritated with him. They understood his anxiety, but they were trying to keep it inside as to not kill each other from their agitation.

Yamato tapped his cheek with one finger in repetition due to the great loneliness he felt. While he tried to cover it up with pure rage, it was more along the lines of heartbreak than anything else. Her husky was sitting on his lap, wagging her tail cheerfully from the pets and attention she received. Occasionally, she would be granted a luxury treat, making her lick him to death.

It sort of helped with the pain of being without the girl, but it wasn't anything in comparison to (Y/n)'s presence. She was a sweet girl, he could see that, but it bothered him considering his family's occupations. No one in their right mind would get involved with someone that could get them killed for any reason or no reason at all. Thus, he tried to keep his distance from her.

"It's her fault," Yamato let out, trying to keep himself from letting his emotions slip.

It was quite difficult for him since the only emotions he used to feel were anger and disappointment. This new feeling of heartbreak was terribly effective on him, more so than the others who seemed to have everything together. Haru just began to play games as if nothing had happened and Rei kept himself busy with cooking. Takuya seemed hopeful if a little distraught at the idea that she might not return willingly and Akari was cooped up in his room, looking over pictures of his "goddess".

The only other person who seemed to be greatly affected was Shota. While the brunette understood the pacing, the relation between their suffering wasn't enough to keep him from cursing the redhead out. It was finally enough for him and he snapped, pounding his fist on the arm of the chair.

"Shut the fuck up, dumbass!" he shouted at the top of his lungs.

Shota heard the declaration of annoyance but did nothing about it except roll his eyes in disgust. The boy felt more frustrated about her running away than anyone else considering that his plan had failed. He had anticipated she would fall in love with him quickly and he wouldn't have to share her with the others. Yet after Akari and Rei had delved into his personal affairs, that fantasy shattered and she was more disgusted with him than he was with himself.

He threw himself on the bed and began to try and get any scent of the girl that he possibly could. The shirt he had stolen a while ago was now being touched obsessively by the male. He let out small whimpers, wanting only to have the girl he desired back in his arms. It was demeaning to have to use a shirt to feel connected to her yet he didn't seem to mind it either.

It was almost thrilling to do such a thing in secret. At the back of his mind, a small voice told him to stop doing such an obscene thing with the garment of clothing. Yet his selfishness caused him to ignore it, continuing to touch himself, the only thing shielding him from his skin being the girl's top.

He may have been the one to call out Yamato for doing such a thing himself, but to do it to himself with what he considered to be a piece of the girl made all of his nerves stand on end. He let all noises part from his throat without any protest, not bothering to shield his shame from anyone that was to walk by.

As he finished, he clutched tightly at himself and let out an improper groan, (Y/n)'s name coming out from him before he could stop it. Yet as he said it, he felt himself shiver with delight as if it was a forbidden luxury. He began to look over at his phone, hesitating for a second before grabbing it aggressively and dialing her number.

He waited for a while before the call told him he'd been "forwarded to an automated message" and to "leave a message after the beep". His heart dropped as he knew he was being ignored and though he understood why it still hurt. So, to give relief to his heart, he called up the male in charge of watching her for the day.