Chapter 74: Bonding With The Smallest Brunette

(Y/n) made her way to the study where the familiar pink-haired tutor waited for her. The woman began to instruct the girl in her normal classes when a large argument spurred from two of the males downstairs. She was told not to worry about it, but the argument only escalated and several thuds could be heard. The (h/c) female's tutor stood up in irritation and began to walk to the source of the arguing, telling (Y/n) to stay where she was and study the book before her.

"You son of a bitch!" Haru yelled, his voice seeming as though he were falling apart, "How could you make her drink that liquid poison?! Do you have any idea what you've done? Everything, everything..."

"Calm the fuck down, shorty!" Yamato spat back.

Curious, the girl glanced out of the room, looking back and forth to ensure that she wouldn't be caught by her tutor. She stopped at the top of the stairs, peeking down at the fight going down. Yamato stood idly by, his hands in his pocket as if he hadn't a care in the world while Haru was being held back by Rei and Shota. Her tutor was trying to talk the smaller brunette down, but it only served to aggravate him further.

"You don't understand!" Haru cried, struggling against those who restrained him, "What am I going to do if she's hooked?! What am I going to do?!"

"Chill the fuck out," Yamato said, strangely disinterested, "She took a sip and said it was bitter. I doubt she'll want to taste more of the shit if she didn't like it in the first place."

Recalling the events of the previous night, (Y/n) was able to deduce they were talking about the wine she had been given. However, she raised an eyebrow at why Haru was so infuriated at Yamato for giving her some. She watched further as the scene unfurled before her eyes, but a shiver ran up her spine as she heard someone's footsteps approaching her from behind. She closed her eyes, expecting to be yelled at, but they only stopped. As they did, the (h/c) girl hesitantly looked up.

She didn't recognize the woman standing there, but she did recognize the young boy she was holding in her arms, bobbing him up and down while he cooed happily. Bastien reached out to (Y/n), his nanny tilting her head at the boy's behavior. When she didn't hand the infant over soon enough, he began to cry, alerting the attention of the males below. Haru's behavior visibly calmed even if he still had anger lurking in his eyes.

"I apologize, Master Akahito," the nanny said resentfully, "but with all the shouting down here, Bastien isn't able to take his nap."

Takuya's expression lit up and he rushed up the stairs to hug his beloved with great affection. He rubbed his cheek against hers and mumbled how much he'd missed her despite it having been less than half a day since they'd last seen one another. The boy sighed, feeling his energy replenished just by touching the girl. It was an invigorating feeling, to say the least, and he sneakily slipped his fingers in the girl's, happily squealing from the love he felt for her.

"Naughty girl," (Y/n)'s tutor sighed, "Well, you might as well take a break for now. Have some lunch and come back to the study for more instruction."

The woman walked off, further exciting Takuya. He couldn't wait to spend time with the girl, though Haru quickly pulled him off of her and sat down, gazing into her (e/c) eyes with a fierce passion behind his verdant ones. He let out a concerned sigh and kissed her cheek lightly before he turned to his baby brother, the infant giggling joyfully and clapping, more than happy to see his brother.

The brunette picked up the boy and bounced him up and down, making him squeal in enjoyment. A satisfied grin crossed Haru's features, and his anger disappated, leaving no trace of it. Takuya clung back onto (Y/n), possessively hugging her frame in fear that the brunette would push him away again. He wasn't so successful as Haru placed Bastien in the girl's arms, the infant pulling playfully on her (h/c) locks.