Chapter 72: I'll Claim Ya

As the unfamiliar male was sent flying back by Yamato's punch, a crowd formed around them, their interested murmurs echoing through the alleyway. (Y/n) was immediately surrounded by Akari and Takuya who threatened anyone who gathered anywhere near her. Shota's caretaker and Masaru did the same, though the dog was debating whether or not to help her or his master who was currently cracking his hands and neck in anticipation of a heavy fight.

"Fuck!" the unfamiliar male said, chuckling loudly and stomping out his cigarette on the ground, "Oh, it's good to see you too, ya bastard. I guess we're dealin' with this the fun way. Don't blame me if you go home with a broken nose!"

The male launched at Yamato, throwing his fist at his stomach, only to be stopped by the sudden movement of (h/c) hair. He stopped his punch, jumping back in surprise and cocking his head at the girl's appearance as the brunette shielded her from him. He lifted his head, seeing the male had put some distance between them in surprise, buying him some time to disapprovingly scowl at (Y/n) for intervening.

"The hell were you thinking?" he said through clenched teeth, "He would've broken your damn skull!"

"I've had enough of you guys always fighting," (Y/n) scoffed, pouting in stubbornness, "Besides, I could take him."

"I find that highly insultin'," the unfamiliar male snarled, "Just who are you, bitch? Get out of the damn way. Unless you're someone of considerable skill, women are meant to sit still and please. So, if you - "

Without a moment's notice, (Y/n) felt her nerves snap at his comment and, ironically, threw a punch at him. He reacted barely in time, dodging only to grab her wrist and pin her to the floor without an ounce of mercy. Akari rushed forward to get her free of the male, only to freeze in place when the guy pulled out a shiny gun. He chuckled, leaning down to the girl's ear and whispering in a way that was meant to push Yamato's buttons.

"Nice try, girly," he said quietly, ticking off (Y/n) from his nickname.

He placed the gun to her temple, cocking it and preparing to shoot, looking back at Yamato for his reaction. To his surprise, the typically level-headed brunette was seething in rage, clenching his fists so hard that his knuckles were white and blood dripped to the ground from his nails piercing his slightly tanned skin. The male let out a curious hum and pulled the (h/c) female up by her hair, placing a chaste kiss on her neck.

Yamato couldn't hold back his anger at the sight, making the unfamiliar male smirk widely, discovering something of use. (Y/n), being disgusted with what had been done to her, took his momentary pause to admire his enemy's state to grab onto his hair and yank it back. Out of surprise, the male fired the weapon, his eyes widening as the girl gave him a good kick below the belt for good measure.

"Fuck!" the male shouted, growling at her now free state.

Yamato slid on the ground, grasping the girl in his arms and protectively embraced her, shielding her from any harm. Yusei and Masaru stepped in front of them, fully prepared to kill the guy if he so much as breathed wrong. Yet the male didn't seem to care. Instead, he watched intently as the brunette stroked the girl's hair, telling her everything would be alright. While it was more for himself than for the girl's sake, the unfamiliar male still let a smirk cross his features.

Takuya rushed down to look at (Y/n), checking for any injuries. He began to shake as he saw blood dripping from her neck where the bullet had barely grazed her. The white-haired boy clutched onto his beloved's shoulders and shook her violently until Akari stopped him, glaring at him for causing more damage than necessary. That being said, the blonde didn't stop him from scolding her for being so reckless.

"What possessed you to do that?!" he screamed, burying his fingers in his hair, "You're bleeding! What if you died? What if you died?! Do you have any idea what - "