Chapter 45: Bashful Boy

(Y/n) spent the day before the deadline working on her idea, putting everything into place so that she could get out of the unfortunate situation. She didn't sleep last night, attempting to prepare everything before her time ran out. She only had another 24 hours before she was confronted by Yamato and the others so she didn't waste any time. By the time Narahashi had gotten home from school the day before, he became progressively more worried about her mental state.

"(Y/n)," the blue-haired male said, poking at her cheek to get her attention, "Take a break, already. Please eat something."

The girl didn't reply, scribbling down furiously on the crowded sheet of paper, the bags under her eyes becoming even more present. The male attempted to grab her attention further by taking the pen from her but she only grabbed it directly back, no hesitation. In a last resort, he gave a little groan and picked her up, away from the paper and carried her to the bathroom.

He put her down and locked the door, making his way to the bathtub. He drew the bath, filling it with perfectly warm water and putting some bubble bath solution to make the room smell like lavender. (Y/n) tried to go back to the bedroom to continue her writing, but Narahashi moved over to the door, turning her around to push her to the bathtub.

"Just relax," he said, a soft smile on his features, "You deserve it. I'll grab you some clean clothes from the store and get you some snacks to munch on. Maybe after...we can...you know, hang out with me."

The boy blushed, pink spreading from one cheek to the other, across the bridge of his nose. The idea of spending time with the (h/c) female was more than exciting to him and he sincerely hoped she would agree to the proposal. He rubbed the back of his neck as she remained silent, hoping he hadn't said something that would turn her away from him.

"I'm busy," she sighed, "I shouldn't be relaxing. I have a lot to do."

Narahashi felt himself release a disappointed sigh, his shoulders becoming slack due to his saddened state. As she saw him do that, (Y/n) stood up and gave him a comforting hug before looking up at him, giving him a small smile. She placed her hand right below his eyes, staring into his blue pupils with great curiosity. It made the boy look around in nervousness before they landed on her lips.

He tensed as they parted, making his blush turn from a pink hue to one of flaming crimson. Hesitantly and quite shyly, he put his hand on the small of her back, slowly pulling her to him. His breath caught in his throat as he gazed at her exquisite form. He'd wanted to taste her so badly over the years, finding himself chickening out at even the thought.

Yet in that moment, he felt so strong and protective that he couldn't help but lean down to her. He waited for a moment to make sure that she had the option to back away if she wasn't comfortable with it, but when she didn't, he closed the gap. The thought of making contact with a vulnerable part of his body made him whimper in joy.

"I do want to spend time with you," the girl said, making him pause momentarily, "Is the offer still available?"

"O-Oh, y-yeah!" the boy stuttered, backing up and putting his hands in the air as if he was guilty of robbing a bank, "I'll just - I'll go! I'm gonna get some snacks! E-Enjoy the b-bath!"

With that last stuttering statement, he ran out of the room, slamming the door behind him and collapsing on the floor, panting heavily. His heart was about to leap out of his chest out of pure nervousness. He felt as if he was going to die of a heart attack with his nerves and hair standing on end.

As he heard the water in the bath slosh around due to the girl getting inside of it, he began to blush even brighter, shaking his head back and forth. Then he bolted out of his room, running to grab some clothes for the girl. He didn't have an older sister and his mother wasn't the same size as (Y/n) so he ran all the way to a store to get something for her.