8 | apologies and forgiveness

Blake's POV

"It's soooo beautifull" Sky slurred, looking up at the sky.

"Yes, it is" I agreed, mesmerised by her beauty. I've had feelings for her since we were kids, but never did anything about it.

"Is there something on my face?" she asked, then starting giggling.

"No, nothing. It's perfect" I replied. My eyes lowered to her lips - her red lips - so full and inviting. I started to lean in, slowly, while keeping eye contact with her.

She looked so beautiful, sitting there in front of me with her big brown eyes, looking up at me through her long lashes.

I put one of my hands on her soft cheek as I moved closer to her. Her beautiful smell filled my senses and I was losing my self-control. My other hand found its way to her soft, dark hair and I placed my lips on hers. They were so soft and warm against my lips. I kissed her slowly at first, then moved my lips faster and my hands began wondering down her body. My hands felt all her perfect curves through her thin red dress.

Her dress had risen up to her hips and I could see her red, lace panties. She looked so sexy in red. My wolf, Carter, was trying to take control. I mover my lips from her mouth to her neck and began sucking. I left marks in a path as I sucked lower and lower, reaching that one special place.

My hands reached lower and I gripped her hips.

"Stop!" she shouted suddenly, as she pushed me away from her.

My eyes widened and I realised what I had just done. I kissed her. I kissed Sklyar. I quickly stood up, guilt filling my senses.

"Oh no Sky I am so so-" I began to apologise, but her eyes closed and I quickly caught her in my arms before she could fall.

I quickly ran back to the party, Skylar secure in my arms, as I looked for Jess. I found her with some girls and ran up to her.

"Jess, come on. We have to go" I said, urgently.

"What happened to Sky, is she alright?" she said frantically, as her smile fell.

"Yes, she just drank a lot" I replied, as we began walking back.

Jess' house was nearer to the party, so I dropped her home first then walked to the Alpha pack house.

I had a spare key to the pack house, so I walked in and locked the door behind me. Everyone must have been asleep. I walked up to Skylar's bedroom and looked at the clock; It was 1am.

As I tucked her in bed, I removed her heels and looked up to see her beautiful face. She looked so angelic when she was sleeping.

My heart sunk with guilt. How could I have kissed her when she was drunk? I felt so angry with myself.

I left a glass of water and some pain killers on her bedside table with a note for when she woke up.

"Good morning Sky. We need to talk. Call me as soon as you see this."

-Blake

I walked back home and laid in bed. However, sleep didn't come to me as I kept replaying the kiss. At some point, I fell asleep, with her beautiful, brown eyes stuck in my mind...

I woke up to someone shaking me awake "Wake up honey, Skylar is here to see you" mum said, as I opened my eyes and rubbed them. She smiled and walked out of the room.

As my eyes adjusted to the light in my room, I noticed Skylar standing by the door. She was dressed in a smart, black dress that ended above her knees and black heels. Her hair was tied back in a neat pony tail, her hair pin straight. I always loved it when she had her hair straight; it suited her. I then remembered the meeting with the Alphas that was meant to take place.

"Shit, what time is it?" I said, as I quickly sat up.

"Don't worry, it's 12, we still have some time till the meeting" she said as she pushed some loose hair behind her ear, "um..I saw your note so I thought it would be better to have this conversation in person rather than over the phone"

"Yeah...thank you for coming. How do you feel now?" I asked her as I moved over to the side and motioned for her to come sit on the bed. She walked over and sat down with some distance between us. I felt a pang of hurt in my chest and hoped I hadn't ruined our friendship.

"I feel a lot better. Thank you for leaving the pain killers. It worked wonders and my headache disappeared quickly" she said as she folded her hands on her lap. She was avoiding eye contact with me and I knew she felt awkward.

"You're welcome, hey.." I said as I put my fingers beneath her chin and made her look at me, "Listen, about last night. I'm so sorry. It was a mistake and I shouldn't have kissed you. I..um" I cleared my throat and knew I had to tell her, "I like you, Sky. I've had feelings for you for a while now but never knew how to tell you. I understand if you're angry with me and don't want to be friends with me anymore. I'll stay away from you. Hell, I'll even stay away from Jess if you want -"

"No, our friendship isn't weak for me to throw it away over one mistake, as you said. I never knew you had feelings for me, Blake. I've always seen you as a best friend and nothing more. Look, I have a mate out there somewhere and so do you. So whatever you feel for me, it needs to stop. I'm willing to forgive you, if you promise me it will never happen again" she interrupted me, with a serious expression on her face.

"Thank you so much Sky, you don't know how much this means to me. I promise it will never happen again and you're right. Our mates are out there somewhere, I was so selfish" I said, and gave her a hug. She was right, these feelings I had for her needed to go. I know it wouldn't be easy, I've liked her for almost my whole life. But for her, I would try.

"You're welcome. I need to get going now, dad told me to be back a bit earlier than the meeting. I'll see you at the meeting. Best friends?" she said, as she stood up and straightened her dress.

"Best friends" I answered, with a grin. "Bye, Skylar. See you later" I replied, as I stood up and walked her out.

A longer chapter for you all. Who do you think will attend the meeting with the Alphas...?😉