6 | notes and revelations

authors note

Leave comments in my chapters and I will dedicate chapters to those I see in the comments.

As I walked out of the shower, patting my wet hair with a towel, I noticed my window wide open. On my bed, lay a folded piece of paper with a black rose placed neatly above it. Shivers ran up my spine as my heartbeat began to race. Who had been in my room? Was this linked to the rogue king? Was someone watching me? How did they get in? As these thoughts filled my mind, I slowly walked to my bed and picked up the note. I unfolded it and the contents caused my blood to freeze.

"That was quite the fight you put up, my love. You won't be so lucky next time. Be ready, darling."

I immediately knew this note must have been from the rogue king. How had he known about the fight? And what did he mean by 'be ready?' My heart thudded loudly against my chest, as I quickly looked around for any signs of who might have been in here. I ran to the open window and looked outside but saw nothing suspicious.

I grabbed the note and rose and ran to dad's office

I grabbed the note and rose and ran to dad's office. I opened the door and saw he was talking to Liam, Blake, Chris and Andrew as well as some warriors. Blake stood up and walked up to me after seeing my shocked and scared face.

"Are you okay? What's wrong Sky?" he asked me.

"I found this note and rose on my bed. Someone left it there while I was in the shower. I think they came in and left through the window because it was open." I said shakily, making eye contact with my dad.

My dad stood up and slammed him hands on the table, "How did they get into the pack lands?" my dad asked no one in particular, as he growled in anger, "Show me the letter, Sky."

I handed my dad the letter, and he read it aloud to the others. They all gasped in shock, then growled in anger at the thought of someone threatening the Alpha's daughter.

"Can you all leave the room? Liam and Skylar, stay and Blake can you call Clara" my dad said. They all nodded and left the room.

I sat on one of the chairs and tried to calm my racing heartbeat. I had a feeling dad was about to reveal what he had been hiding. My stomach sank in anticipation, as I played with my hands.

"Yes Alex, you called me" mom walked in and smiled, but as she looked at dad's face, then mine and Luke's, she frowned and walked towards dad's desk and sat at one of the chairs.

Dad looked at me and cleared his throat, "Skylar, me and your mother have hidden something from you to protect you. We've known about this since you turned 18 but didn't know when to tell you" he explained, "you're a special wolf, sweetheart and -"

"What?" I interrupted, laughing at how absurd my dad sounded at that moment.

"Honey, he's not joking" mom looked at me sternly, which caused me to stop laughing instantly.