A Professor-Student Bond

" Alright everyone, that is your permission to leave. Make sure you complete the homework by Thursday!" Professor Lupin told his third year Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws as the bell rang.

It was a beautiful spring day of the year nineteen ninety four, in the middle of a peaceful afternoon.

Silvia stood from her bench but merely pretended she was packing up, not worried about being late for charms.

" Miss Stone, is everything alright?" Professor Lupin came to her when all the others left. Silvia looked up from her neatly stacked books and smiled.

" Yes Professor... Is- is it alright if I stay and talk to you for a minute?" She asked politely.

" Of course my dear, what seems to be the problem?" Lupin asked back, concerned for his favorite Hufflepuff.

" No-no problems Professor... It's just- I know something most students haven't seemed to recognize about you..." She stopped hesitantly and he smiled, knowing exactly what she meant. " Your a werewolf, aren't you?" Silvia stared up at his scarred face with a nervous expression.

Professor Lupin chuckled and ran his hand through his hair nodding.

" I knew you'd catch on. What evidence do you have?" He asked curiously.

" Well... Your absences during some classes, the fact that I caught Professor Snape with a bottle of Wolfsbane potion, your boggart being a full moon, your code name being Moony on the Marauders Map- that I guessed, and finally the scars on your face," Silvia listed off her fingers as Lupin grinned at her.

" Very good Silvia. Now how did you know about the Map?" He asked, making Silvia laugh.

" The Weasley twins stole it from Flitch- whom I guessed kept it since your childhood- and showed it to me before giving it to Harry," she explained.

" Ah... Clever girl, clever girl... Your a split of an image of your mother, you know that?" Lupin smiled and shook his head, staring down at the girl as he talked. Silvia shrugged. " She was one of the cleverest and wittiest women I ever knew. She knew my secret even before Lily Evans and she was always there for me, and your father too... She loved helping the minorities of the school, she'd do anything for your father and I... I-I may have even taken a liking to her if it weren't for Charles Adam, taking your mother's heart in our fourth year..." Lupin could go on but the poor girl was already half laughing and half crying, her arms wrapped around his waist. Realizing he was deeply embarrassed he felt his neck turn beet red.

" I-I didn't know that! I promise not to tell anyone- it's okay I swear. It comes creepier when the Minister himself told me last year when he stopped by for a visit!" She wiped a tear off her chin as she backed away, feeling awkward.

" Well your mother was known for her charm, that's for sure. People were always jealous of her- well except for the Slytherins. Back then since Malfoy and Snivillous ruled Slytherin House, every man who laid eyes on your mother and father got sent to detention or hexed," he smiled at the memory.

" I guess it sucked to be in Slytherin then... Professor?" Silvia suddenly asked as he flinched and let out a low growl. Silvia glanced out the window. " Oh no..." She quickly grabbed her things and stepped away. Off in the distant blue sky she could see the shadowing of a full moon.

" Run... Silvia, run- ah! It's too early for this!" Lupin fought to maintain control.

" Professor trust me, it's okay... Shh calm down," she didn't move from her spot, being brave to try to save him. Soothing him didn't work as he only continued to transform. Silvia took out her wand and made the door shut loudly, hopefully alarming a staff member.