A Fight with a Hippogriff

The first day of Silvia's third year at Hogwarts was just approaching as the sun peaked between the mountainside and shined its glimmering rays toward the castle.

" SILVIA! Time to wake up!"

Silvia groaned and rolled to her side that wasn't feeling the pillows hit her in her comfy four poster bed.

" One more minute..." She replied to her best friends voice. Molly Paterson was always an early riser when it came to school days, every school day, for every day of the year. Unfortunately though, Silvia enjoyed her beauty rest and couldn't give anything to care of the time- even if they had classes and breakfast to attend to.

" No more young lady, I'd expect this out of a first year. Aren't you a third year now Silvia Stone?" Molly teased, uncovering Silvia's form with one more yank of the blankets.

" Fine, but you better not do that again until we graduate," Silvia lifted her head from her pillow and fixed her hair so she could see her dorm mate, completely dressed in their yellow robes and books in hand.

" I can't keep any promises, now come on! Hagrid will be sad if his second favorite student is late to his first ever class!" She cheered, throwing Silvia's robes to her to change into.

Once the girls- well Silvia were all ready they headed down to the great hall for a quick breakfast before descending the long down hilled path to Hagrid's hut.

" Mornin' everybody, I have somt'in special planned for us today," Hagrid greeted most of his third year students once everyone was in attendance. Silvia smiled as he waved his arm, motioning to the forbidden forest and leading the group in.

" Hagrid are we going to introduce them to Buckbeak?" Silvia ran ahead of the group and to his side, recognizing the path they were taking.

" We sure are. Mind to demonstrate for class?" He asked, handing over a dead weasel to her as she nodded. " Great!" Hagrid exclaimed, hearing the students behind them gasp when they got to a clearing. Buckbeak stood freely cleaning his feathers and clicking his hooves in excitement when he saw Silvia.

" Everyone, this is Buckbeak. He is a gray and white Hippogriff. Hippogriff feathers come in three variations, whiteish gray, black, and light brown," Silvia stepped foreword and turned toward the class. " Unfortunately since their feathers are more commonly used for quills today, Hippogriffs are an endangered species- yes Mr Malfoy?" She stopped her little speech when she saw Draco's hand in the air.

" How come you're allowed to teach us?" He asked, crossing his arms.

" Hagrid has allowed me since I befriended Buckbeak over the summer," Silvia answered. " Now the proper way to earn a Hippogriffs trust is to bow until the Hippogriff copies back," she informed the large group as she turned her back to them and locked eyes with Buckbeak. She bowed and it took Buckbeak seconds to reply with his bow, trotting toward her and taking the weasel from her hand into his beak.

" Buckbeak and Silvia's bond are better than most. Some caretakers get bitten by them, correct?" Silvia heard Hermione ask as she pet Buckbeaks soft feathers by his eyes and forehead.

" Cor'rect Miss Granger," Hagrid replied this time. " Silvia why don' you take 'em for a ride," he suggested. Silvia turned and winked.

" Anyone want to try first?" She asked the students as she continued to pet the Hippogriff as he nuzzled her lightly. Everyone except Harry Potter backed away, he looked left and right confused.

" Great Harry!" Silvia and Hagrid cheered together. " Now step up a little and bow just like I did," she instructed, backing away from Buckbeak. Harry did as he was told and Buckbeak stared at the new human curiously, sniffing the air close to him and clicking his heals. " Easy Buckbeak... It's alright..." Silvia soothed.

Within the minute Buckbeak bowed and nudged Harry playfully. Silvia laughed and fed him another weasel, telling him he was a good boy.

" So want to go on a ride with me?" She asked as they both pet the beautiful Hippogriff.

" Ah-" Harry was going to decline the offer but Hagrid picked him up from behind and sat him on top of Buckbeak. Silvia laughed.

" I guess that's a yes," Silvia commented as Hagrid helped her up behind him. " Hang on to his feathers but not too tight around the neck," she warned before she felt Hagrid give Buckbeak his cue. They shot into the air, without a second thought and Harry screamed as Silvia laughed, wrapping her arms around his waist to make sure they wouldn't fall off.

The flight they took was amazing. Buckbeak looped around the castle before diving for the black lake at a relaxed- but still fast- speed.

" Woohoo! This is awesome!" Harry exclaimed, lifting his arms to his sides as Buckbeaks hooves splashed water onto their robes.

" I told you it was nothing to worry about!" Silvia said over the roar of the wind. They lifted from the lake and looped back into the clearing in the forest, where they were greeted with a round of applause from the students and Hagrid.

" Good job Silvia, good job Harry, good job Buckbeak!" Hagrid cheered, throwing a weasel for Buckbeak to catch after Silvia and Harry mounted off him. Harry walked back to Ron and Hermione while Silvia stayed by Buckbeak to pet him.

" Oh what the heck, it can't be that difficult," Draco quickly stepped forward, feet away from Buckbeak, whom completely became overwhelmed.

" Draco move! Buckbeak it's okay!" Silvia fell back to Buckbeaks side and pushed herself away. Buckbeak heaved himself on his back legs and Draco tried to get away but he tripped and fell onto his back, Buckbeaks hooves landing right on his arm.

" Buckbeak!" Hagrid shouted and threw a weasel in the opposite direction, getting him away from Draco. Silvia quickly made it to a whining Draco's side and placed her hand on his shoulder.

" Its killed me! The giant bloody chicken killed me!" He cried, cradling his right arm. Silvia rolled her eyes.

" Your going to be fine Draco. Hagrid he needs to be taken to the hospital wing!" She called to her professor, who was still calming the Hippogriff.

" Class dismissed..." He called back in a disappointed tone. Silvia sighed and helped Draco into her arms and stood up.

" That was a risky move Draco. One of the first fights of the year and it was with a Hippogriff, that's got to be historic!" She joked as he stared up at her, glaring at the joke.

" Yeah whatever. How'd you become so good with it?" He asked in a slightly disgusted voice.

" Hagrid introduced me to Buckbeak on my birthday, since then we've bonded really well like Hermione noticed," she explained. " And it'd be more polite if you'd just call him Buckbeak or 'him'. Creatures have feelings you know," Silvia corrected him. It was Draco's turn to roll his eyes.

" Wait till my parents hear of this, that half giant will be out of a job in no time, and that creature murdered," Draco snickered.

" Draco! How could you say such a thing?!" Silvia pretended to drop him and he winced, his arm wrapped around her neck became tighter. She could've moaned but she held it in, merely blushing at the response.

" Sorry, but it's true. My parents are evil and their raising me up to be like them," he told her sadly. She nodded as his eyebrows bent in confusion.

" I've guessed that a million times already," she stated as they got to the hospital wing.

Madame Pomfrey mended Draco's arm and put it in a sling, telling him to stay overnight to rest.

" Silvia can you stay?" Draco asked as the school healer walked back down the wing to her office.

" I have classes Draco. But I'll stop by later if your Slytherin friends aren't with you," Silvia tried to stay positive.

" Yeah okay... That was one heck of a fight with a Hippogriff," he told her. Silvia turned back to face him.

" It truly was," she grinned into his pretty gray blue eyes and left not a moment later for Defense Against the Dark Arts.
—————-
Wasn't that cute? I found it really fun to write as it marks the beginning of Silvia and Draco's friendship and their feelings for each other grow. In the next one I will be jumping back to the future when Scorpius is a little four year old. Hope you enjoyed, follow, vote, and comment!