Chapter Nineteen

Koi stared at the fading image. Desert Flower has just killed Blacksand's mother. He glanced at her. Her was looking down, her eyes wide. "My mother....She's gone.....forever".
Koi shifted closer and put his wing around her. "It's okay. You have us now. We will get rid of Desert Flower, somehow".
Together, him and Hourglass guided her back to camp. Firefly, who had been making a messy flower crown, stood up. Arena, who had been half-asleep, shot up. "Where do you think your going? Desert Flower could be out there somewhere! I can't risk you getting-".
Firefly snorted. "You can't tell a princess what to do".
Arena grumpily looked down. Her face brightened when she saw the flower crown. She snatched it and ran outside.
Firefly groaned. "Get back here!". She ran out the doorway to see Koi, Hourglass and Blacksand. "Oh! What happened?".
Koi cleared his throat. "Desert Flower killed Cactus".
"Well, Uh, Sorry? I don't know them so I don't really- THREE MOONS, ARENA! GET OFF THERE!".
Arena, who had climbed up on a long branch, glared down at her. "Look, Firefly! I'm you! Isn't this what RainWings do-".
She was cut off as the branch snapped and she was dumped into the stream.
Water splashed Firefly as she tried to duck away. "Arena! I spent all day picking those flowers, now it's all ruined! And you got me all wet and dirty!".
Arena climbed out of the stream, shaking herself off. "Sorry, Princess".
"Don't call me Princess!".
Arena grinned as Firefly glared at her. "Stop smiling! I'm mad at you!".
"Oh, come on! You know you love me!".
Firefly rolled her eyes and stepped out of the stream. She folded in her wings and quickly changed them to a dark blue, but not before Koi could see the pink sweeping in.
Hourglass gave him a knowing look and nodded at Firefly then at Arena.
Oh shut up he flashed.
She rolled her eyes and turned away. "Come on, Blacksand. Let's get you inside". She guided her into the hut.
Arena was still in the stream, playing with the water with her talons.
"Hey" Koi said, coming up besides her.
"Oh, hey!" She said, then looked up at her head and took off the soaking crown. She threw it in the stream. "Uh, I-Im going to get something. I'll be back be nightfall".
Koi stood up as she disappeared. "Wait! You can't...ugh!".

Koi was curled up with Blacksand in front of the fire. Hourglass stood besides Firefly, who claimed she needed to be kept warm. Hourglass kept on glaring at her. "I can't wait til Arena gets back! She can keep Firefly warm!".
Firefly looked down and blushed. "N-no! I'm fine now!".
Hourglass scowled. "Good!".
There was a rustle in the trees besides them. Blacksand shrank back and Koi wrapped his tail with his, careful of the venomous part. "It's okay. I'll go check it out".
Arena stumbled out. She was a mess. She has dried mud on her legs and grass and other dead plants sticking to her talons. Her scales were dripping wet, yet she still clutched something in her talons. Another flower crown...
Blacksand stood up. "What took you so long? Just for a flower crown? Let me guess, your going to mock Firefly".
Arena ducked her head. "N-no! I...uh".
She stepped towards Firefly and held out the crown.
Firefly snorted. "Are you trying to brag? Because if you are-".
"No, no! I made it for you...".
"Oh". And for the first time in a while, Firefly smiled.