Guinevere shrugged. "Fighting alongside you and the others...it was just so new to me. And though I got so many injuries more than I've ever got my entire life...I felt like I've never been more alive."

Granger's gaze turned soft as they stared at her. "So you got it, too." He mumbled.

"What do you mean?"

"The calling. The passion to fight despite death just hovering over us."

"Yes. I guess so."

Granger smiled again cannily. "There it is." he proclaimed and got to his feet, picking up his violin. "If you're not afraid of death, then you shouldn't be afraid of a damn marriage."

He patted the top of her head before leaving the room.

She was dumbstruck.

Granger really had a way of stating a truth that she missed to see despite it being already in front of her.

He was definitely right. She should just live her life while she could.

She turned her head towards the door when she heard something hitting the floor.

She caught Gusion's tall form, looking down and being surprised by the empty violin case he knocked over the floor with his leg.

"Gusion?" She called. He looked like he was heading out.

But he turned to her when she called. "Sorry. I was told Granger was looking for me and that he is here."

"Oh. He just left."

"Well..." There was a pause from him, as if he waa contemplating if he should leave or stay to chat. He chose to stay, leaning against the table a few feet away from where Guinevere was sitting. "How are you?"

"I'm fine. Why d'you ask?"

"Because it wasn't just a few days ago when you were yelling mad at me, ranting about how ladies are being forced to traditions without a choice." He pulled out a blade from one of his sheathes, creating five more as it floated over his palm and glowing blue. He made it fly towards the fireplace, lighting the place in a blue glow. "You never really strike me as

"I know, right..." She agreed, staring at the blades that assembled on top of each other like woods creating fire, the magic emanating from it emphasizing what she already know; "This is my path. I know it."

"Fighting? Or marriage?" Gusion asked, making her turn her gaze towards him, his words hitting like thorns growing inside her own chest.

But Guinevere forced a smile. "I guess I would have to make the most of my time then, before I surrender my freedom. To your family." She added hesitantly.

Gusion scoffed bitterly, heading to the chair Granger occupied earlier and leaning back into its backrest.

"I guess you're gonna be my sister-in-law then." He said, the light tone of his voice easing her a bit.

The last thing she needed at the moment was a serious conversation that could make her already-sinking heart drown into the depth of her own darkness.

"Right. Who do you think among your brothers would be a suitable choice?" She jested.

Gusion stared at her, his brows furrowing. "Are you seriously asking me?"

Guinevere shrugged. "You're the one who knows them well. I may have given up my freedom but at least give me the upper hand and let me choose."

Gusion let out a breathy chuckle, but she could'be sworn the edges of his smile looked a little bitter. "Well, I can assure you that they are all noble gentlemen. And, like you, have a doubt on swords."