3| Back to Hogwarts

Caroline's POV

Caroline's POV

"You know who your mother was?"

"Lily, stop. Please...I...I.."

"Devil's whore! Your mother was a whore!"

"You'll take it back! Take it back!"

"And you are a devil's spawn! You will never be a witch! Neither was your mother! God has turned his back on the scum! That's why you have no parents! And that's why your mother is-"

A flash went before my eyes as I managed arrive to Hogwarts. I already had bad mood and just the entire transport and journey made me feel dizzy. It was faster than train option but still, train would be better than feeling of throwing up. I looked around as I was by the enterance of Hogwarts. It was evening, so everyone was already inside, there was no single soul around. How unexcepted. Maybe it's for the better. At least for now. I got inside quite easily as the gate was slightly opened.

As soon as I walked inside, it hitted me more than it should. And I didn't liked the feeling at all. All the memories of my child self studying here made me feel no good. It was quite opposite. The only thing which made me feel little nostalgic was fact that this castle was powered by magic. My favorite part were for sure the moving staircases. In New York I'd wish there were such fast moving staircases, especially in malls. I was also reminded of the pictures that could speak to you. Fascinating but sometimes annoying.

Still, these small details were magical indeed. And maybe little heartwarming for my inner child self. "Forget it." I quickly shook it away, keeping heart warm and then get it broken or betrayed is worst what could happen. I preferred being distant, minding own business. I continued to walk through the corridor, searching for a single soul. My Dad said I'll have it arranged that I just came back after 20 years for...for friendly visit..? Is that what he called it? I knew it's stupid but it propably worked since previous students love to return here.

Definitely not my case but it's what it is. It was best option how to get there after all. I became impatient as there was no single kid or teacher around until I finally realized it's time of dinner. They all were in The Great Hall! I wasn't in mood to rush there in middle of dining so I ended up just wandering around. The lighting was really bad in the castle corridors, so I dedicated to find restrooms. When I finally managed find one, I got inside. These restrooms didn't have such quality mirrors like these in my apartment but I had to get over it.

I was casually fixing my look as the transport caused my hair to go full mess. As I was patting my fur coat, I heard a sudden sound. It was sobbing. For sure little girl's sobbing. I tried mind my business but the sobbing was rather sad. Oh, well. I slowly approached the stall where the sound came from. "Hey are you...are you fine over there..?" I asked in gentle voice. "Don't worry I'm no teacher or anything like that. Or some weirdo. It's fine. I'm just existing here, if I say it that way. Minding my business..? Yeah, just like that." I quickly added, trying ease up the situation.