𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚂𝚒𝚡

Start from the beginning

+ + +

Neal opened the door for Henry and Naomi ten minutes later. Henry ran into the room and gave his father a huge hug. "Hey, buddy!" Neal grinned and looked to Naomi as Henry moved to the small couches. She leaned against the open doorway. 

"Um... how is she doing?" Neal asked quietly, referring to Mary Margaret. 

Naomi sighed and shook her head. "We thought she was doing better for a while," she whispered. "That's kind of why Emma wanted him to spend the day here. He may need a break from seeing her like that."

Neal nodded and turned back to Henry as Naomi closed the door. "Why don't you grab us some hot chocolates from Granny's?" He suggested, and handed Henry a twenty dollar bill from his wallet. 

Henry happily grabbed the money and ran out the door. Naomi chuckled and watched him leave. "Oh, and Emma may be joining you for lunch," she added. Neal nodded, but his attention seemed to be elsewhere. 

He sighed. "Naomi, when Hook went to New York to kill my dad, we knocked him out and stuffed him in a storage closet," he told her for the first time. 

Her eyes widened. "What?" She demanded, but couldn't help the amusement that was clear on her face. "You stuffed him in a storage closet? Has no one found him yet?"

"Yes, and that's what I'm-"

"Wait wait wait-" she held a finger up and took a moment to compose herself. It seemed like an inappropriate time to burst into laughter. She took a deep breath and nodded. "Continue."

Neal gave her a deadpan look. "My fiance Tamara was getting her stuff from that building and Hook wasn't there," he explained. 

Naomi felt a smile creep across her face. "Fiance? What is she like? How did you two meet? How long has this engagement been? Do I need to threaten her?"

"Naomi!" Neal exclaimed in an exasperated tone. "Stay focused, please. Your brother is probably roaming the streets of New York right now."

She sighed and brought her hand to her face. "Does Emma know?" She asked. 

Neal nodded. "Yes, and that kind of leads into what I'm really trying to say... The reason Tamara was getting her stuff from my place was because she'd coming to town. She should be here before noon," he told her. Naomi pinched the bridge of her nose. 

"What?"

"I know it sounds bad-"

"No, it sounds worse than bad! This town is turning into a theme park, Neal! First Greg Mendel, now this Tamara chick-" Naomi protested. Neal sighed and tried to stop her, but she wouldn't have it. Was she overreacting? Possibly. Did she care? Not one bit. 

In no way was this okay. Tamara was bound to witness one for of magic or another. Naomi was astounded at how long Greg was going without suspicion. This was bad. 

"Neal, what were you thinking?" She continued. "What do you think Tamara will say when a giant walks across her path, or she touches a magic lamppost and her teeth turn blue? I doubt a few specific people will give a damn whether or not this secret is revealed or not. Soon enough, food obsessed tourists will be flocking Main Street-"