𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

Fourteen

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Fourteen

+ + +

NAOMI SAT ON THE COUCH EATING a small breakfast and doodling. Mary Margaret rushed into the room, a toothbrush sticking out if her mouth. She hastily put on her boots.

"I can't believe I overslept," she said, taking the toothbrush out of her mouth and spitting into the sink.

"It's only 7:10, you've got plenty of time to get to school," Emma said from the counter.

"Science fair," Mary Margaret told her, putting on her jacket. "I'm helping them before school."

"I'm sure if you're five minutes late they'll live," Naomi said, looking up.

Mary Margaret looked over. "We're making a volcano." And with that, she left.

Naomi frowned upon realization. Henry would've told her if there was a science fair. She put her plate down and stood up.

"Where are you going?" Emma asked her. Without answering, the teen left after Mary Margaret.

+ + +

Naomi drove to Granny's, low-key following Mary Margaret through the streets. She only had a hunch, but it seemed logical. And the fact that Mary Margaret was going in the opposite direction of the school kind of proved her hunch.

Naomi went in through the back and waited at the corner wall by the boombox in the back, listening. Sure enough, she heard David's voice.

"Hey," he said.

"Hey," Mary Margaret said. Naomi looked to the ground. This was not a science fair.

The two continued to talk and laugh. After a minute or so, David left the diner, going to work. Naomi sighed and looked over the corner. She saw David and Kathryn at their car.

Naomi came forward to the table Mary Margaret was sitting at. "This is some volcano," she said.

Mary Margaret looked down as the teen sat across from her. "I was-" the woman started.

"I get it," Naomi said. Mary Margaret sighed.

"He comes here every morning at 7:15 a.m. to get coffee," Mary Margaret said quietly.

"For him and Kathryn," the teen said.

"I know, I know, I know," she sighed. "I just...come to see him."

"So you're a stalker," Naomi said, nodding.

"No, not at all!" The woman defended herself. Naomi raised her eyebrows. "Okay maybe just a little bit."

𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒 ➶जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें