𝚂𝚒𝚡

Six

Six

+ + +

THEY HEARD BRANCHES AND LEAVES breaking behind them, and all three women whipped around to the sound. A familiar boy came running down the hill, stumbling a bit. Naomi groaned.

"Henry!" Emma exclaimed.

"Did you find him yet?" The boy asked, turning to Naomi.

"No, not yet. You really shouldn't be here," Emma told him. He turned towards his mother.

"I can help. I know where he's going," Henry told them. Naomi arched an eyebrow.

"And where is that?" Mary Margaret asked. Henry paused.

"He's looking for you," he told her.

Mary Margaret stood quietly, contemplating this statement. Naomi sighed and put her hands on her hips.

"Come on, guys," she spoke up. "We gotta catch up with Graham." Without waiting for a response, she moved along, passing the other three and took the lead.

+ + +

There walked behind Graham, each holding flashlights. "You're the one who woke him up," Henry said you Mary Margaret. "You're the last one he saw. He wants to find you!"

"Henry," the woman turned to him. "I don't think it's about me. He's lost and confused. He's been in a coma for a long time," she said gently.

"But he loves you! You need to stop chasing him and let him find you," Henry told her.

"Kid, you need to go home. Where's your mom? She's gonna kill me. Then you. Then me again," Emma asked.

"She left me at the house, then left right away," he told them.

"Well we need to get you back immediately," Naomi said firmly.

"No!"

"Guys," Graham called from a distance. The five rushed over to where the sheriff was crouching. Naomi looked down at the log his light was focused on. Sitting on the log was John Doe's hospital tag, with...

"Is that-" Naomi started to ask.

"Blood," Emma confirmed, a grim look on her face.

+ + +

Naomi crouched behind a tree, watching the Lost Boys play in their campfire. She sighed, shifting to sit with her back against the tree. She unattached the knife in her belt, using it to dig dirt out of her fingernails.

"What would a pretty girl like yourself be doing out here, when the party's over there?" A voice sounded to her right. Standing there, a smirk on his face, was Ruffio, her best friend.