𝙵𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚢 𝙾𝚗𝚎

Fifty One

+ + +

THERE SHE STOOD ON A STRANGE grassy lawn. 

The weather was colder. The clouds overhead were gray and stormy. A shiver went through her body when a chilly blast of wind hit. 

Her clothes were different. Over sized dark gray pants, a black sleeveless shirt, thin red jacket, and sturdy hunting boots. Her tangled hair was plastered across the sides of her sweaty face. The exact things she had worn when the original curse hit. 

Everyone was in their original clothing. Ruby, in her corset and cape. David's white shirt stained with blood. Regina, in her royal majesty's gown. The dwarfs in their mining attire. Killian looked no different. 

"Snow?" A familiar voice shouted. Naomi searched through the heads and past to find the owner of such voice. 

"What happened?" Aurora demanded. 

Mary Margaret, in Snow White's dress attire, sighed and stared ahead at the leafless trees. "We're back."

Aurora and her Prince Phillip sat with their friends in the small stone pavilion. The Storybrooke gang had crashed their date. 

Each party required a briefing of what had happened over the past couple of months. The ladies of Storybrooke hadn't left the kingdom on a very good note. And, of course, the interrupted date deserved an explanation as to why a group of people appeared in the middle of their field unannounced.  

Naomi had to admit, she wished she would never have to see lovely Miss Aurora ever again. 

She had regained some of her strength with the magical travel, but it still took a large amount of effort to balance on both feet. Her shoulder and arm ached like nobody's business, but at least her sleeve was no longer covered in blood. Phillip promised he would have the castle medics examine her once they got back to the castle. 

But there was a problem with that. There was nothing to examine. No wound, no place for any blood to exit the body. The castle medics would think her a fool and move on. 

David had led the discussion, summarizing roughly how they ended up back in this realm. The royals were unexpectedly calm about it. They accepted the new guests with warm, open arms. 

Naomi did not miss the amount of sheer kindness in Aurora's heart. It bugged her. 

"So what happened with the ogres?" Snow asked. 

Aurora smiled. "Gone. We've restored our kingdom, and our lives," she reported, smiling to Phillip. 

Snow smiled back. "I'm glad. For you two and the baby."