𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝙾𝚗𝚎

Twenty One

+ + +

NAOMI JONES SAT IN THE tree house, staring back at the blank wall opposite her. The girl sat on the bed, her legs folded underneath her small body. Two nights had passed since she'd helped Baelfire escape the island, and she missed him more and more with every passing hour. She hoped she'd made the right decision, sending him off with Ariel; that he was safe.

Pan flew in through the window, sending her a small smirk. "How's it going, Lost Girl?" He asked, moving to lean against the wall next to the bed. She chuckled and looked down.

"I am never going to get used to you calling me that," she muttered, avoiding eyes contact with him.

Pan tilted his head. "Then what would you like to be called, love?"

Naomi smiled and finally looked up at him. "Just that. Love. It's simple."

Pan smiled and nodded, leaning off of the wall and sitting on the bed next to her. They both stayed silent before he finally spoke again. "We were attacked again," Pan told her, looking out of the window at the full moon.

"Hook and his crew nearly beat Jaxon and Adam. I showed up just in time." He paused to scoff. "I told them never to go walking alone! Especially along the beach."

Naomi sighed and took his hand comfortingly. "Peter... I am so sorry. I don't know what's gotten into Killian! He used to be so kind."

Pan let go of her hand and stood up, beginning to pace the length of the room. He ran his fingers through his short but messy hair. "He has a name now, does he? You've never told me he had a name," he said.

The girl nodded. "Y-yeah, Killian. But that doesn't matter." She stood up and made her way to where he was now walking. "Peter, I promise, I will find him. When I do find him I will talk to him. I know this is all my fault... It has to be! I was the one who left our family in the first place, and I am sorry for that."

Pan opened his mouth to say something, but Naomi silenced him. "Peter, I will make this right. No other Lost Boy has to be hurt because of me."

Pan sighed and pulled her in for a hug, kissing the top of her head. "This is not your fault, love. You need to stop thinking that," he whispered. Naomi stayed silent, hardly believing him.

+ + +

Naomi sighed as she walked into the dining area, seeing David sitting at the counter. He'd been sitting there for nearly twenty minutes without getting anything. He smiled when she approached him.