𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎

Forty Nine

+ + +

NAOMI DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT at the return to Storybrooke. 

Pan had taken Gold's place in Pandora's Box. They had a plan to keep him secure, so no other magical being (they weren't gonna name names), could let him out. 

Regina had only let her out of her room five minutes before they broke the barrier. Naomi instantly ran up and and vomited over the side of the ship. Five hours at the bottom of a flying ship did nothing for her stomach.

A cheering crowd was waiting for them at the docks. Henry went first, which got the most appraisal. The Lost Boys went after the heroes of the operation, and finally, Killian and Naomi. 

Before Naomi could step onto the gang plank, Killian caught her arm. "I tried to convince them to let you go," he told her. 

"Well, thank you," she muttered, yanking her arm away. 

Not near as many cheers met Naomi as she approached them. Henry smiled at her. Ruby waved like a maniac. Her eyes were still partially adjusting to the brightness of the late morning sun. She couldn't tell if anyone else was acknowledging her presence. She doubted it. 

Ruby ran up to Naomi. "You didn't tell us you were skipping realms! You ran out of vacation days."

"Damn," Naomi said with a chuckle. The women hugged.

This wasn't so bad. 

Chatter grew, mainly for Henry and Emma. Granny was preoccupied with Leroy. Regina stood of to the side, on her own. Wendy reunited with the notorious Micheal and John. David secluded Felix from the rest of the group, retrieving a shining pair of handcuffs from the stand-in sheriff. No one was paying attention to Ruby and Naomi. 

Ruby brought out a golden flask. "Thirsty? You look like you've had a rough day."

"You have absolutely no idea," Naomi unscrewed the cap. The burning liquid made her want to gag. Incredible. "Are you okay? Did you manage without me?"

Ruby shrugged, smiling at a few of the Lost Boys. "It's been an interesting past few days..." She admitted. 

"Oh? Anyone's second cousin come along to enslave half the town? Any virgin-cursing goddesses?" Naomi raised her eyebrows. 

"Not really. Those guys over there-" Ruby was cut off by Emma's voice. 

"I gotta admit, there were several times back there I didn't think we were all gonna make it back. And we wouldn't have, if not for Regina!" Emma announced.