seventy-seven

Start from the beginning

"Quit staring at the problem," Deli spoke to her lover beside her as they flew further out from the rising city to get a better look at what they were working with. "Start troubleshooting it, let's go."

"The Vibranium core has got a magnetic field, that's what's keeping the rock together," FRIDAY informed the pair as the city rose faster and faster.

"If it drops?" Tony questioned, voice ringing through Deli's ear piece as she shook her head.

"The impact would kill thousands, and the higher it get's the more people will die," she cursed quietly under her breath, though she knew Tony could hear it. "If we let it get too high, the impact radius...Tony, we could be looking at global extinction."

FRIDAY alerted them to a nearby building on the edge of Sokovia that wasn't clear. Tony didn't waste a second, flying off toward it.

"I've got this. I've got to get a closer look, let FRIDAY get a scan and see if there's some way of stopping this thing," Tony voice flooded her comms once more as she flew off in an opposite direction back into the city.

"I'll coordinate with Steve on the ground, work on containing the citizens. You keep me updated, and you come back to me in one piece, understood? We do this together, Tony,"

"Yeah yeah, you've got my back, I've heard it before. Start working for a living would you?"

Audelia landed back on the bridge by Steve, just as he had been knocked back onto a car. She couldn't contain the small smirk on her face as she lifted her mask, holding out an armored hand for him to take.

"You've got incoming,"

"No really," Steve shot back, taking her hand as he got back to his feet. "Couldn't tell."

"Tony's going to head for the core," she informed her teammates over the comms as her and Steve surveyed the situation before them. "Right now, unfortunately, it's making the city fly but is also the only thing keeping it together. The rest of us have one job to do."

"Tear these things apart," Steve finished for her. "You get hurt, hurt 'em back. You get killed...walk it off."

Across the way from the bridge lied a field, a group of civilians caught in a circle of bots. They screamed for help, seeing no way out of the situation until a suit of purple and gold landed before them.

"Get down!" Deli's voice rang from her suit as the civilians dropped to the ground. She fired her chest repulsor, spinning in a circle as she destroyed the bots holding the civilians hostage. "Get up! Get to the building, take cover, now!"

The civilians listened without a second to waste. Over on the bridge, Thor had made his way out of the destruction within the core, grabbing onto one of the women in a falling car as he threw her up to Steve. The soldier caught her with ease, hoisting her back onto the road as he threw his shield at one of the bots, throwing it over the edge of the bridge and to the ground far below.

Thor landed on the bridge again, placing down another car with civilians as Audelia landed before them, shooting the two bots heading for her teammates before they walked back into fire.

"What, were you napping?"

"Deli," Natasha's voice sounded from the comms, the woman signaling in on her friend just a few yards away. "Might need a lift and a hand in a second."

"Was wondering when you would decided to show up,"

The woman landed beside the assassin, firing at the incoming bots from above while Natasha dealt with the ones on the ground surrounding them. Deli knelt down onto the ground, turning her side and firing at a bot while Natasha catapulted herself over the back of the suit, legs locking around one of the bots as she brought it to the ground.