[Part2] ⤀ 27] A Queen's Instinct [1/2]

Start from the beginning

I glance between the two Erebos, fighting to outwit the other. Eros is all handsome charm, while on the verge of monsterdom. Blade – refined in a stolen green and parchment coloured suit, which suits his pale green eyes – which hold vast knowledge of the world.

Monster and Teacher.

Hmmm.

I call upon my sisters as I decide my course of action.

As I wish for their assistance, I am able to swirl the oceans and boil the water around the ship.

My vision tilts and turns black for a moment, then it readjusts as I take a hold of the threads of power I require. The sea is my puppet as enormous power surges through my blood, kicking up my heart beat.

"Do you still bite your nails, you little fretter? Did you know he frets, Lily, about the small things in life?" Blade winks and chuckles in my direction.

"...you're going to be a terrible father, my friend..." Eros counters, barking a sharp rough laugh back at him.

And now a dead silence descends the cabin.

My eyes flick to Blade's frozen face, as his green eyes fade out.

Eros smirks.

Blade finally speaks, "Why is my ship moving...?" Blade blinks quickly in succession as he focuses on me.

"Come to me now, I wish to tell you an important secret," I hold up my hand and curl my fingers inward.

I try to say it as confidently as possible.

Eros watches me with a narrowed haunting look, but decides to venture off further into the treasure filled cabin, looking through which property is not his.

Blade walks over to me, dainty in his steps, but still too curious to resist.

He puts his head down and I press my lips to his ear.

"...you're the father of my unborn..." I whisper, "So will you be my King as well – Blade?"

Blade swiftly pulls back and gives me a dangerous look, his head tilted, his eyes wide.

I am not sure what to make of that, but I smile at my fingers and glance up as confidently as I can to Eros on the other side of the ship.

Eros has ironically picked up a crown, gold and bejewelled with sapphires.

"I am delighted to be the uncle," Eros speaks, unwittingly, "To your spawn – the little cunt inside my fish."

Blade's eyes sparkle as he witnesses my annoyance, and in that moment he seems to take on the challenge.

"My little cunt – is my future son," Blade announces with a classic hiss, before he even knows the gender. I try not to roll my eyes as Blade carelessly walks up to Eros, slinging an arm around his shoulders, "...and you're in the way of greater dealings, my friend –" I hear a snap.

I almost stand up, I don't know what's just happened – I've barely seen from how fast Blade has moved.

But Eros has now collapsed to the wooden planks, and Blade has spun around with the crown in his hand.

"You were saying –? and no, Eros is not dead," Blade looks up and winks, and I relax back into the chair.

"I knew you would not kill him. I have an idea – although it might make me insane, you are a very logical thinker, are you not?" I rush my words, I almost can't believe Blade is helping me.

"...first... courtesies... are you faring well, my Queen...?" Blade calmly speaks, as if he's not just decided to change his whole fate.

"I – why yes, I think I am," I answer, slightly blown away he even bothered to ask.