Chapter 26: Betrayal

*Sarah's POV*

I went inside the room only to stumble back to the door after what I saw. I couldn't believe my eyes. 'Am I seeing the right thing.' I wish I could close my eyes and whatever I just saw would disappear like an illusion but unfortunately, it was real. Aaron was really in that room with a girl, in bed. He was pounding into that girl, making the girl moan his name louder and my heart was tearing bit by bit. They did not hear me entering the room yet; only that girl's moans and Aaron's grunts were being heard. Tears were already flowing. I felt numb; I couldn't move or say anything, just look at Aaron.

"I love you Aaron" that girl moaned out.

My eyes widened and I took a step back but as the door was closed behind me, it resulted in a loud noise, which made both of them look up and separate from each other.
'Those words that the girl said out loud to Aaron shattered me to pieces.'

"Sarah!" Aaron called out, shocked. I couldn't say anything; I was just looking at him. Pain had already been flowing through me, so it became difficult for me to say something. I felt like someone was pressing my throat and I was unable to do anything. Aaron was looking at me like he was scared of my reaction, as I wasn't saying anything at all. I was only standing there and looking at him. The girl quickly wrapped herself in the sheets and stood up from the bed, looking at us.

"Who are you? And how did you even come into this room without knocking?" The girl asked, which reminded me that I needed to get the hell out of there but first I needed to know. I gathered the remaining courage that I had and asked him.
"Who is she?" I chocked out, waiting for another blast that would break my soul apart. But instead of Aaron, the bitch spoke up.
"I'm his girlfriend. The one who he truly loves. Now tell me, who are you? She replied, shouting. My heart stopped beating for a moment when I heard the word 'girlfriend' and I felt like I couldn't breathe anymore.
'The one he truly loves.. he loves her!...'
These words kept ringing in my head and tears were flowing down continuously. I heard what I wanted to know; there was nothing left for me anymore. I turned and left the room when I heard Aaron calling my name.

I ran as quickly as I could. I slowed down on the staircases before I fell down and made a fool of myself, which was the last thing for me to do right now. I heard Aaron coming after me and before I had time to quicken my pace, he had already held my arm, preventing me from going further.

"Sarah, let me explain, please. It's not what it looked like." He said in a begging voice. Till now, I was only crying but after what he just said, a sudden anger came over me and before I knew it, I turned around to face him and started speaking.
"Ohh really? Then how will you explain it other than seeing you fucking another girl who happens to be your girlfriend?" I said in a loud voice, not intending to let it out but I couldn't hold the anger in me.
He seemed shocked by my comeback and tried to say something. If I wasn't mistaken, I saw tears in his eyes, but this might be my imagination. Aaron would not cry because I didn't mean anything to him.

"Sarah, I'm... I'm not trying to justify my act because I know what I did was wrong; I wasn't thinking i....."

"Yeah, you are wrong. You are wrong for playing with me like that when you're already in love with someone else. I actually thought... I thought.. you had deeper feelings for me too.." I said with a cracked voice and tears started to flow down again.

"I have Sarah.. I really like you a lott.." he stopped when I shook my head and said, crying.
"Stop it. Just stop it! You're a liar. You've been lying to me since the very start. You're just a fucking bastard. I can't believe I fell in love with a person like you. You've played with me just like other girls, but I should have known, I should have known better..." I let out an irritated sigh at myself and ran back to the exit.

I went to my car and got inside. I recalled the conversation that I just had with Aaron. I never knew I could say those things to him. When I was about to leave, I thought I just saw tears in his eyes but I was surely mistaken. He would never cry for me when he never had any feelings for me. He already loved someone else. I was just a game for him, a toy with which he was enjoying his free time. I started crying at that thought. 'I was a fool, a very big fool.' All those beautiful memories that I had with him started coming back into my mind—our hugs, our meetings, our kisses, everything—and I started crying more when the image of him fucking that girl popped in.

After some time, rain started to fall and I drove back home before I tried to kill myself on these wet and dangerous roads. I tried to concentrate on the road but my tears didn't seem to align with my mind. I somehow made it home. I didn't want anyone to see me in this state but I had to call Ziya to get inside the house. I called her while waiting at the door and almost immediately I heard the door open.
"Where have you beee.." she started but when she saw my state, she stayed quiet.
"Not now, Zy." I said and walked past her, and went straight to my room. I took out my shoes and went into the shower. I opened the shower tap and let the water drenched me, making my clothes soak on me. Tears kept coming out and that image of Aaron and that girl kept popping up, almost like mocking me.
'He loves truly.. I'm his girlfriend..
I liked you Sarah!
I'm so attracted to you
You're driving me crazy
He loves me truly...'

These words are repeating in my head, which made me crouched down on the floor and cry out louder.
It hurt; it was hurting so much that I couldn't take it anymore. I didn't care if anyone would hear me or not; I just needed to take all these emotions and hurt out. I was unable to breathe properly. I cried all the pain out, hoping I would get some relief.

 I cried all the pain out, hoping I would get some relief